Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.00 Released

Which firmware version on your MFC?

Ability to only use a single preset switch, where the other switches on the bottom row switch scenes, would indicate that Bank Size is set to 1.
But it isn't.

Maybe one of the switches got stuck. Try pressing Bank Up/Down and Reveal a numer of times.

Regarding UltraRes cabs:

both Santiago stock cabs are now UltraRes as well.
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
Thats my secret cab mix!! Along with a 4x12, before the was the cali stock, now hopefully moving to one of the 4x12 Ur's
Thanks for telling us!!
Ahem, were is this noted? Or did i miss something
just pulled my ax out of the truck so excuse my bliss full ignorance
gonna a be either a few days of tweaking my patches or start from scratch again, gonna give both a run

Last edited:
I was away for the weekend spending time with family so, though I read about the f/w 15.0 update on Friday, I didn't have a chance to update until I arrived home this evening. After we got settled in here a home my wife and son sat down to watch the USA vs Germany World Cup game and I headed to the music room to install 15.0.

Before installing 15.0 I played through the first 15 or so presets on 15 beta for a quick point of reference. I then upgraded to 15.00 (and uploaded the new preset banks for 15) and then played through the first 15 presets...... WOW! The updated factory presets sound way better than they ever have. I then blew the next hour playing through all of bank A. I found that I'm now very much enjoying quite a few amp models that had never grabbed my interest before (6160's, Cameron, Atomica, Dizzy's, Tucana, others).

Some amps like the Deluxe Verb, the Super Verb, the 1987x, the JCM800, and the Hipower (and a few others I can't recall now) went from great sounding to un-f#cking-believable!! Notes now bloom more readily on every amp - especially with the Dumble ODS', Bludotone, Two Rock, and Fuchs ODS models. Controllable harmonic feedback is more easily coaxed from the amp models. Feel and dynamic response has improved yet again from what was already very impressive feel/response.

Firmware 15.00 is by far the best update yet! The amp modeling sounds spectacular! The new factory Ultra Res IR's sound fantastic as well!

Thanks to Cliff, FAS, and the beta testers for yet another awesome update! Your time and efforts are very much appreciated. :)

Kudos on the new UR cab mixes, especially the new 212 Class A (AC30 Blues) mix. It now matches PERFECT with the stock AC30 TB
without a single tweak! Wonderful. Works better than any of the equivallent AC30 aftermarket cab IRs. I used to have to do a
considerable amount of fine tweaking on my AC30 patches. No longer necessary. Cliff & Co. nailed its finicky and iconic tone perfectly this time!

Dialing the Axe just got ridiculously easy for me. Over the weekend, I really put 15 through its paces and I have come to some dialing conclusions.

The amp modeling in 15 has become so good, all I have to do to dial in my patches is load up the desired amp, set all the user definable controls to noon, set the gain where I want it, and then adjust the presence till the amp has just the right amount of upper frequencies. I've found the presence control is by far the most important control now, beyond the gain. Then I let my huge collection of IR's do the remaining work. I'm finding that I VERY seldom need to even touch anything else.

The basic default amps are set up in such a sweet spot now it makes the job of dialing in tones ridiculously easy.

Not only does this box sound amazing, it's so easy to work with now to attain the tones of your dreams.

I played around with FW15 and loaded the new presets over the weekend. Wow! There are some great amp & cab pairings in the new presets, especially the ones using Ultra-Res! They really do justice to the amp models.

I did have a small issue backing up my old presets and cabs. Got an error message on user cabs 34 through 51 (give or take a cab). I guess I should post, or check in the Fractal Bot section but just thought I'd mention it here.

All in all, I couldn't be happier with my black box! Thanks Cliff & FAS team!!! You guys rock!!!

Hey Cliff

Cliff,
I have a Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering and a Master's in Software Engineering. I have been a Design Engineer in the Aerospace industry for 21 years.
I am also a owner of the AXE FX II XL. I have to give you and your team a great compliment on your work. It takes a lot of effort to get this to work properly. Your attention to detail is second to none in this type of industry. I own a Two Notes desk top, a POD HD, a zoom pedal, not counting other pedals, etc.... They all fail in comparison to your product.
In addition you keep making it better and better with every software release. I realize this is a costly item. However, it has now become costly not to have it for me. I spent too much time and money previously on other items to find that tone. Now, I just dial it in, hook it up to protools and away I go.
You have my business now and in the future. A++ on all your skills.

Firmware 15.01 released!

Fixed Update Amp Block functions in Utility menu only updating current state (i.e. ‘X’ or ‘Y’).

Amp block Sat Switch now has three settings: Off, On (Auth) and On (Ideal). On (Auth) replicates authentic saturation circuit behavior and will lower the volume out of the virtual preamp. On (Ideal) replicates the idealized behavior present in Version 14.xx and earlier firmware.

Improved Negative Feedback calculation accuracy by including virtual feedback of phase inverter.

Fixed wrong CF Comp and Neg Fdbk default values in Solo 100 amp models.

Fixed wrong Neg Fdbk default values in PVH 6160, PVH 6160 II and 5153 models.

Fixed wrong Presence network calculations in FAS Modern, FAS Modern II and Das Metall amp models.

Thanks Matt at Fractal,

This solved my problem with the MFC-101 MarkII: On the Axe-Fx II, please do RESET SYSTEM PARAMETERS in the UTILITY menu.
On the MFC-101, please reboot the unit while holding footswitch #11

Guys FAS and the AXE II are a very unique company and product. Try not to lose sight of the fact that you buy this product and essentially get a new product every couple of months. In almost 30 years of guitar playing and buying equipment there is NO other company that does this. You buy what you have and you make it work, or it doesn't and you buy something else. I totally understand the frustration of having all your presets go to shit, etc. but its a choice to upgrade or not or wait until time permits to bring everything back up to speed. with all the other companies you would have bought the equipment programmed it and that was it. end of story the next upgrade was a new piece of equipment. All these major firmware updates that have the potential for drastic sound changes requires a choice made by you. It's not going to jump right out and suck your d!ck without a little work (just like real life for the most part). I know because I was on V12 until today. Why? because I had it all dialed in perfectly and didn't have time or inclination to change it. I was ready to take the plunge. You can always go back, there's nothing wrong with that. And V15 sounds and feels better as usual. yeah, now you may have to start over but that's how it is. I for one would hate to see the day when Cliff says "screw it I'm not making anymore updates because all everyone does is complain" I'm not knocking any constructive criticism that anyone gives though. It always seems to help lead to even better. I didn't write this post to offend anyone, just try and look past the hurdles and growing pains and try to be thankful for the unique position we are in.

Guys FAS and the AXE II are a very unique company and product. Try not to lose sight of the fact that you buy this product and essentially get a new product every couple of months. In almost 30 years of guitar playing and buying equipment there is NO other company that does this. You buy what you have and you make it work, or it doesn't and you buy something else. I totally understand the frustration of having all your presets go to shit, etc. but its a choice to upgrade or not or wait until time permits to bring everything back up to speed. with all the other companies you would have bought the equipment programmed it and that was it. end of story the next upgrade was a new piece of equipment. All these major firmware updates that have the potential for drastic sound changes requires a choice made by you. It's not going to jump right out and suck your d!ck without a little work (just like real life for the most part). I know because I was on V12 until today. Why? because I had it all dialed in perfectly and didn't have time or inclination to change it. I was ready to take the plunge. You can always go back, there's nothing wrong with that. And V15 sounds and feels better as usual. yeah, now you may have to start over but that's how it is. I for one would hate to see the day when Cliff says "screw it I'm not making anymore updates because all everyone does is complain" I'm not knocking any constructive criticism that anyone gives though. It always seems to help lead to even better. I didn't write this post to offend anyone, just try and look past the hurdles and growing pains and try to be thankful for the unique position we are in.

100% agree. I am still on v.13 because my tones are so good. I was all set to upgrade to 15 after my show Saturday night...and once again I am hesitant to pull the trigger. Even still, I read every post on new firmware and get excited with the developments and know I will be blown away as soon as I go ahead and update. Cliff and company are in a class all by themselves!!

Fw15 was fantastic right away - Fw15.01 loaded this aft and everything has gone kind of off the rails in a bad way. I'm getting too much bass, too much treble and some patches just peaking out, and distortion now sounds a little harsh.

Fw15 was fantastic right away - Fw15.01 loaded this aft and everything has gone kind of off the rails in a bad way. I'm getting too much bass, too much treble and some patches just peaking out, and distortion now sounds a little harsh.

i skipped from 14x to 15.02 tonight and i'm having the same results with the factory presets. i updated twice cause i thought something was off, but still the same. i also did a system reset, and yeah.. in the past i have kinda looked down at people who complained about how unusable the factory presets are. i've always found them to be pretty great for the most part & getting better with every update, but not tonight.

Solved in 15.02.

Back
Top Bottom