Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just playing - like I'll just be playing on any scene, without switching scenes or channels or turning any blocks on or off. It will just cut out.

Not doing that here, with that preset. Maybe something else in the chain?

Reduced default Power Tube Grid Bias for PVH 6160 and Recto models as previous default was hotter than these amps are typically run due to the non-adjustable bias.
Curious as to what the new default values are so I can import them into my FM3 presets.

Thanks!

Small thing, with a workaround, but AxeEdit's Check For Updates command doesn't see this update, and didn't see the last one either.

Is it supposed to, or is that functionally no longer supported, we should just download from the forum (which I did)?
I updated both yesterday and Axe-Edit did notify me for the update. Were you using the version that was released to support the beta by any chance? There is a note that there was no code change between that and the final. Perhaps if you already had the beta that was the reason?

I updated both yesterday and Axe-Edit did notify me for the update. Were you using the version that was released to support the beta by any chance? There is a note that there was no code change between that and the final. Perhaps if you already had the beta that was the reason?
Nope no beta.
I have limited music time, so I almost always wait for real releases, instead of chasing weirdness that gets resolved for the final.

Can we have the Friedman be -50 :) I would love to have the exact amp I have in the axe fx
I can't imagine the BE100 is that much different to warrant a completely new model?

I know they have a 5153 100w and 50w but to my understanding those amps have different voicings....especially the blue channel

…And with this, you have the “roadking edition” for every amp 😎

Choose a archon 100, switch the power tube to 2x el34, 2X 6l6, 2X el34 + 2X6l6 (!!), 4x6l6 + 2xel34…

Haaa ideas . That’s not these that are missing…

Thinking of it, there is no possibility to choose 2X power tubes better than 4 somewhere ?

Firmware 21.04 - possibility of turning a 100w head to 50w 😅
There is a parameter that simulate smaller power section like a 50 watt
Transformer match ???
I don’t recall but one of them does
A smaller output would saturate quicker to so you could also
Turn up the output compressor

Last edited:
@FractalAudio

I didn't see it mentioned that the smoothness improvements were also applied to the pitch block. Did I miss it or is that correct?

I use a modifier with the virtual capo (pedal 3 FC 12mk 1 EV2) to simulate tremolo dives and in the beginning of the action it has a little gap glitch or whatever, similar to amps changing channels.

I've messed with the attack, release, position engage speeds and a few other parameters and nothing seemingly changes/improves this phenomenon.

Another thing of note about it, when turning the unit on, the first usage of this action, the glitch is quite severe. Running the pedal through its motions a few times smooths it out some, but it's still has a bit of a jump. Also, playing for an extended period of time and NOT using the pedal/modifier/VC, it will jump dramatically when activated ... Meaning after not having used it in say 10, 15, 20 minutes or whatever.

If that's how it is and can't be improved, certainly not the end of the world. Especially if I knowingly engage "warm up" the pedal/modifier prior to playing the parts that utilize it.

But maybe you could take a look at it and see if it's something simple to tweak?
Ok, I think I figured out how to do the preset...

Attachments

• Red Nazgul 4CM.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
I loaded this up from beta 2, and I am having similar issues with the input gate as @My name is mud I had to disable the input gate and use a gate block after the amp block to clean it up. Now I am not getting the distorted crackles using it this way.

Otherwise this firmware is great. I messed with the speaker tab and was able to really tighten up the palm mutes with putting speaker thump at 0.9 drive at 3 and compression at about 3.4 knocking off about 0.3. Next I played with the amp compression and knocked off about 1.0 - 1.5 DB there and raised the clarity to about 7.

This made the JP2c just killer. Still use the MB comp before and after the amp block to keep everything tight in the lows and low mids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom