Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not measuring any additional gaps.

The next release will only do the slow bypass when bypassing/engaging. During channel/scene changes the bypass/engage will be normal speed. This will prevent any funkiness during channel/scene changes.
Appreciate that.

I could swear that the Filter blocks could change channels while a chord rings out and have zero gaps. Is this something that changed along the way? I have been using Filter blocks for pre and post volume and EQ tweaks for ever. Maybe I wasn't changing channels?

Anyone familiar with this error message?
Updated FW and boot time is SUUUPER slow.
Tried reinstall in safe boot mode, same soup.

EDIT: Tested memory and got the all-clear. Going to reinstall previous FW for now... maybe an issue just on the Turbo?

...aaand everything's gravy with FW21.01 again. :?

1676261413890.png

Last edited:
I can't imagine the BE100 is that much different to warrant a completely new model?

I know they have a 5153 100w and 50w but to my understanding those amps have different voicings....especially the blue channel
Just cause you can’t imagine it being different does not mean it isn’t . It has a negative feedback nob called response. It would be cool if the negative feedback on the amp block reacted the same as the real amp or if it was incorporated on the authentic page . It also has a depth nob

Just cause you can’t imagine it being different does not mean it isn’t . It has a negative feedback nob called response. It would be cool if the negative feedback on the amp block reacted the same as the real amp or if it was incorporated on the authentic page . It also has a depth nob
Nice! Just feel like there are better things to work on but obviously others have various needs and wants

Nope no beta.
I have limited music time, so I almost always wait for real releases, instead of chasing weirdness that gets resolved for the final.

No beta here either. While I didn't specifically use the "check for updates" menu item, all the usual auto update stuff worked as always.

(With fw 21.01 and associated AE, I opened AR and was auto notified that the new AE was ready to go and install. I chose cancel, then opened Fractal Bot from within AE which saw the firmware update like always. I installed firmware from that, closed AE, rebooted the III, and fired up AE again, let it auto update.)

So just confirming the apps themselves do indeed see the updates are available, at least in my case. I don't know if that's helpful, or its specifically the menu command that is at issue.

EDIT: Tested memory and got the all-clear. Going to reinstall previous FW for now... maybe an issue just on the Turbo?

View attachment 116025
Are you booting up on an empty preset? If not, what is the cpu utilization of that preset before the update?

View attachment 116025
Hey there

On the turbo it installed fine on my end

Are you booting up on an empty preset? If not, what is the cpu utilization of that preset before the update?
Pretty high, 69-71%. But that's not the kind of slow I'm talking about. I mean go grab a cup of coffee slow. Same load preset on 21.01, maybe 30sec.

I can't imagine the BE100 is that much different to warrant a completely new model?

I know they have a 5153 100w and 50w but to my understanding those amps have different voicings....especially the blue channel

I've had the BE100 Dlx and BE50. I think you could get the BE models in the Axe to sound pretty much identical to the BE50 with just a few small tweaks to the Depth, Depth Freq and Negative Feedback controls. I understand it would be convenient to have the BE50 modeled with those exact knobs/switches on the authentic tab, but they're basically the same amp with slightly different controls for the power section (e.g. response knob vs a switch with preset levels of FB, fixed depth freq. vs a 3-way switch etc).

Mark V is the same thing as a Mark IV w/ a few extra features. They sound virtually identical.
The only channel on a Mark V that is tonally similar to earlier Mark Series heads is channel 3. I owned a Mark II C+ for over a decade along with a ton of other Mark Series Boogies over the years, and none of them do what channels 1 and 2 do on a Mark V 90 watt head does. Between the various modes found on channel 1 and 2 (clean, fat, tweed) along with selectable wattage and two types of post EQ in the form of either a graphic or the rotary controls, you've essentially got 6 different amp sounds on just the first two channels.

There's much more to a Mark V 90 watt than the classic Mark Series modes on channel 3. It's the most versatile Mark Series amp ever made.

I've had the BE100 Dlx and BE50. I think you could get the BE models in the Axe to sound pretty much identical to the BE50 with just a few small tweaks to the Depth, Depth Freq and Negative Feedback controls. I understand it would be convenient to have the BE50 modeled with those exact knobs/switches on the authentic tab, but they're basically the same amp with slightly different controls for the power section (e.g. response knob vs a switch with preset levels of FB, fixed depth freq. vs a 3-way switch etc).
I don't think you're going to change his mind, just saying..

There's 13 Friedman amp models and he's asking for another one. That's dedication.

Quick question, is there a way to edit the updated bypass/engage speed per block? I'm trying to accomplish the Hendrix rapid off/on wah effect (Voodoo Child) and this kind of hinders that for me. With a Mission Engineering SP-1, you can actually recreate it perfectly which blew me away. Don't get me wrong, I love this new feature and I love the update. It would just be nice if there were a way to tweak it.

The thing is i do have it sounding identical . Yet I still want the be 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom