Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.02 Public Beta (Beta 2)

According to the manual, “…it has a soft knee and captures the vibe of certain classic 70s/80s compressors”.

Admin M@ mentioned in the past that: “The PEDAL 1 type in the AX8 is comparable to the CS1/2/3”, but that was from a long time ago.

Perhaps these new types warrant a “Yeks Guide to the Fractal Audio Compressor Models”…

If already mentioned in the 10 pages of comments I apologize, but I noticed the AXE EDIT does not show the "easy or advanced" mode for the input gate and does not show the "knee parameter" for the Gate/Expander Modern Expander. I see these functions when accessing the blocks from the AXE FX itself but not on the online Editor.

If already mentioned in the 10 pages of comments I apologize, but I noticed the AXE EDIT does not show the "easy or advanced" mode for the input gate and does not show the "knee parameter" for the Gate/Expander Modern Expander. I see these functions when accessing the blocks from the AXE FX itself but not on the online Editor.
Axe edit is not updated yet to accomodate this beta firmware

According to the manual, “…it has a soft knee and captures the vibe of certain classic 70s/80s compressors”.

Admin M@ mentioned in the past that: “The PEDAL 1 type in the AX8 is comparable to the CS1/2/3”, but that was from a long time ago.

Perhaps these new types warrant a “Yeks Guide to the Fractal Audio Compressor Models”…
Yek does write excellent Docs/Guides.... :)

It's only Monday AM...check local listings...they deserved the weekend off after Firmware Friday.

FW 21.0X

Don't know if it's my effort to have all my guitars and adams set up to match stock settings from 4 different amps. But from 21.01 onwards and especially now with 21.02 beta2 it looks like I can not dail in wrong sounds.

All the amps and effects I use are dailed in very very easy. And nowaday's also fuzzes are way easier (although I never get the overloaded raw filthy sound) to dail in. Everything sounds but also FEELS good.

You better reset the noisegates (also in the input block!) it seems now that for the most the normal standard setting of the block is improved and works fine (in my setup).

I'm very very happy with axe fx 3 and enjoy so many amps and effects. And less tweaking (it's a rabbithole hahaha) means more playing guitar.
Best investment (upgrade) I made.

Improved Compressor block:
  • Improved Studio FF Compressor 1 type. New algorithm yields smoother release and “fatter” compression. This type is suitable for a wide range of uses now including bus and mastering. Type has been renamed Studio FF Compressor.
  • Improved Optical Compressor types. New algorithm features improved ballistics and inherent soft knee for vintage optical compression sounds.
  • Improved Dynamics Processor type. New algorithm also supports various detector types.
  • Improved JFET Compressor type.
  • Added Optical Sustainer type based on optocoupler-based pedal compressors.
  • Added Analog Sustainer type. This is an upwards compressor using the same “analog” gain computer as the Analog Compressor type yielding a natural soft-knee response.
  • Added JFET Sustainer type. This is based on a rare JFET-based pedal compressor where the JFET is in the op-amp’s feedback network.
  • The range of the Release Time has been increased to 2ms to 2s.
  • Added graph for Analog Compressor and Sustainer types.
  • New Auto-Makeup Gain algorithms for most types provides better output level tracking vs. Threshold and Ratio. Note: As a result, the output level of the compressor block may be slightly different compared to previous firmware. Auditioning presets that use the Compressor block is recommended.
  • Selectable Auto-Makeup Gain has been added to Optical, Tube and Analog Compressor types.
  • Studio FF Compressor 2 has been renamed Studio FF Sustainer.
  • Studio FB Compressor 1 has been renamed Studio FB Compressor and Studio FB Compressor 2 has been renamed Studio FB Sustainer.
  • Types have been alphabetized.

with all these new /reworked Compressor types, would it be possible to add a type based on the Valley People Dyna-Mite? very unique and different to most other Compressors and used on countless recordings to great affect...

Back
Top Bottom