Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.02 Public Beta (Beta 2)

I’m curious about the ticking sound tho. What’s causing that?
On my end the ticking was a ground issue. Every tick is the same beat as the Tempo flash. It only occurred on my Passive guitars, the actives didnt have this tick. Eventually I found the problem on my peddleboard Jack that wasnt grounded properly and after fixing that the tick was gone.

Lol, now I mis it, It was also a good metronome

Cheers 🍻

I didn't use AxeEdit at all for a fair while at first, because I didn't want to feel helpless without having a computer handy.
I don't find it unintuitive at all, but there definitely are some things that are much easier in AxeEdit, and some that flat out require it.
But the idea that the front panel is awful just isn't my experience at all.
I once had to add a block and - gasp - link a cable using front panel in a hurry at a gig between songs. Now didn’t I just feel like a clever chap.

Yeah it is not so complicated once you understand how it work. The error I do everytime for example is when I want to edit a block, I press the “enter” knob and not “edit”. I think I make this mistake everytime I tweak with the front panel 🤣. I forget that …
Same here.

Something in your room is causing interference. Turn the volume all the way down on your guitar and I bet it goes away. If it doesn't you have a bad cable.
The guitar isn't plugged in, but the cable from the Axe-Fx III is still connected to a Morley ABC three-way splitter. The other 2 cables are connected to an FM3 and FM9. If I turn them off the ticking is still there, but if I unplug the cable from the Axe-Fx III, the noise goes away. Same result when I unplug from the splitter and plug my guitar straight into the Axe-Fx III; the ticking goes away. I'm going to assume there's either an issue with the splitter, or (ta da!) a cable.

Still kind of odd tho that it only happens with the 5 Sustainer types. Also, every now and then there is a dull THUD. I tried all of the other compressor types and there was no issue.

The guitar isn't plugged in, but the cable from the Axe-Fx III is still connected to a Morley ABC three-way splitter. The other 2 cables are connected to an FM3 and FM9. If I turn them off the ticking is still there, but if I unplug the cable from the Axe-Fx III, the noise goes away. Same result when I unplug from the splitter and plug my guitar straight into the Axe-Fx III; the ticking goes away. I'm going to assume there's either an issue with the splitter, or (ta da!) a cable.

Still kind of odd tho that it only happens with the 5 Sustainer types. Also, every now and then there is a dull THUD. I tried all of the other compressor types and there was no issue.
So you've got an antenna plugged into your Axe-Fx and you're wondering why you're getting noise.

FWIW, the Morley ABC works fine as an input switcher, but is seriously lacking as an output switcher. I had to replace it with a Lehle that provides better isolation.

FWIW, the Morley ABC works fine as an input switcher, but is seriously lacking as an output switcher. I had to replace it with a Lehle that provides better isolation.
Hmm, mine says that this model is an output switcher. It has 1 input and 3 outputs. I've not had any issues until now, but I'll look into the Lehle, thanks.

Sustainer lifts the signal along with whatever noise is underneath it

So the noise is more audible aswell

I personally don’t use it because I’ve a computer near me emiiting EMI to the guitar pickups (don’t use a PC with glass cases, but will change that soon)

Sustainer lifts the signal along with whatever noise is underneath it

So the noise is more audible aswell
Sure, but doesn't every compressor act that way? Or drive pedal, input boost, etc? This only happens with the Sustainer types. It's basically a non-issue tho; I was just curious if anyone else heard it, and apparently the answer is "No". Moving on...

Upwards compressors INCREASE gain. Downwards compressors DECREASE gain.
Has anyone got a list that confirms which of our pool of compressors are which?

That'd be super handy to know and also, this is truly enlightening to me as I've never heard of this before. It totally makes sense too, as some comps sound better for pushing gain further upstream than others, in my case.

Has anyone got a list that confirms which of our pool of compressors are which?

That'd be super handy to know and also, this is truly enlightening to me as I've never heard of this before. It totally makes sense too, as some comps sound better for pushing gain further upstream than others, in my case.
Sustainers are up
Analog , optical and JFET sustainer models

Back
Top Bottom