AX8: what is "must have" IR ?

Really? All free indefinitely? I'm glad they have been so far. But If other companies such as car manufacturers for example offered free upgrades like fractal they would soon go out of business. You paid good money for a fantastic product but cliff and co have gone way over expectations really.
dude dont get out of the way we are talking about software no cars,an example biasfx,s-gear all their updates are free,same as a lot of plugins,fractal audio cant charge people for updates because we already bought the axefx 2 or the ax8,and yes all updates should be free indefinitely,and remember old fractal audio devices cant update anymore.,if people want to get new amps/cabs need to buy the axefx 2 or the ax8.

Well every other software update I get for my DAW or anything else associated with music related stuff I pay for. Some others might offer a few updates, not like fractal imo.The whole point of my original statement was about supporting the company, that's all.

Well every other software update I get for my DAW or anything else associated with music related stuff I pay for. Some others might offer a few updates, not like fractal imo.The whole point of my original statement was about supporting the company, that's all.

really you paid for daw updates?i own cubase,logic and reaper and i lot of plugins and i never pay for updates,well we support fractal audio buying his stuff his harware its not cheap.

I have Cubase... generally speaking they do 2 or 3 updates for free then a new version lands. Had it since cubase 4 on 9 Pro now. $200 dollars each time to stay with current platform. Had my Axe fx2 for four years, so many updates I've lost count. Yes it's what fractal say they offer in buying their gear. Cliff's still keeping us mark 2 people in the loop. Very thankful he does that.

I'm only a few months into my AX8, but have had a friend with a AxII come and make some profiles of my actual 2x12 cab loaded with two different WGS speakers. Used two different mics on each speaker for four IR's with slightly different tones to mix and match.

I'm getting a lot of good use out of them and find it easier to dial in tones with IRs that sound familiar to me.

Might come in handy if I go direct to the house with my 2x12 in the backline, too.

FWIW

I have Cubase... generally speaking they do 2 or 3 updates for free then a new version lands. Had it since cubase 4 on 9 Pro now. $200 dollars each time to stay with current platform. Had my Axe fx2 for four years, so many updates I've lost count. Yes it's what fractal say they offer in buying their gear. Cliff's still keeping us mark 2 people in the loop. Very thankful he does that.
but you are talking about cubase versions as you see all cubase updates are free,i still have my cubase 7 for me there is no need to get the new cubase version.,is like windows and mac,windows charge for new versions and all mac update versions are free,and you know why mac doesnt charge for new version updates?easy macs are expensive same with fractal audio devices.,anyway nice talking to you.

Factory Cab 55- 4x12 PRE-ROLA 75 M160 (ML) — Based on a 4x12 Marshall 1960 cab with G12M 75Hz greenbacks, UltraRes.

That is the one I have been using on almost all my patches with Bogner Shiva Clean, Friedman BE and HBE, CAE3 Clean, and the AC-20. They all sound great to me.
great choice.. having been an axe user for 4 years and using FRFR agree to pick one you like and eq it for your needs.. that dam rabbit hole is not only deep... it changes with ear fatigue and especially with volume. any volume change will affect the the overall sound for sure... find one you like at high volume---- then tweak the amp a little and than play... i had to limit myself to 15 min tweaking nd 45 min playing... id spends months just tweaking.....

So after spending a load of time and money on multiple IR packs (from ML and OwnHammer), I just keep coming back to factory cabs #131 and 132, the TV mixes. They sound outstanding, and nothing in any of the packs I've purchased sounds as good IMO.

Awesome cabs!

So after spending a load of time and money on multiple IR packs (from ML and OwnHammer), I just keep coming back to factory cabs #131 and 132, the TV mixes. They sound outstanding, and nothing in any of the packs I've purchased sounds as good IMO.

Awesome cabs!
with what amp you like to use those cabs?

Awesome cabs!

Yeah the rabbit hole is deep and can be frustrating as hell. I've lost track of how many times I've thought while auditioning 3rd party cabs, "man, this IR kills!" only to discover later it's harsh and small compared to a stock IR I'd been using.

For greenbacks: 36,37,38,55, 60 & 103 pretty much cover the gamut. For V30's: 43,44,47 are great. Mixing them is even better. I've got packs from OH, Cabir, ML & Celestion and honestly I haven't found any that offer more than what's in the box. Sure, you get more mic placement options but after a while it just feels like option anxiety and you spend more time tweaking than playing.

Of course my opinion will change by tomorrow and I'll be off buying more cab packs. Haha

Any general opinion if the custom IRs are better than the stock cabs in the Fractal products (I own AX8 btw)?

I also see that Fractal sells their own cabs now.. In case these are better, why are they not already included as stock cabs?

Any general opinion if the custom IRs are better than the stock cabs in the Fractal products (I own AX8 btw)?

I also see that Fractal sells their own cabs now.. In case these are better, why are they not already included as stock cabs?

factory cabs on the fractal audio devices are from ownhammer,valhallir,redwirez,ml and from fractal audio cabs,so you already have great factory cabs on your AX8,buying third party cabs is up to you.

Because they are 3rd party Fractal Audio Cab Packs. No one likes to work for free... unless pro bono or a slave. :D

And yes you have way more power over your sound. I highly recommend the new Greatest Hits so you get 22 quick cabs fir cheap. :)

Back
Top Bottom