AX8 V6.01 Released

Not sure if it even changed in the Red Modern 2, but moved to the JJ pre tube instead of the Sylvania after the update, and my tone seems back to its old self (was sounding a little muddy after the update to me). From what I read the Sylvania should have been brighter than the JJ, but my ears are hearing different. Either way, happy with the update and the tone!

Also, was able to finally use the T808 again :) The brittleness in the highs have been fixed!

Not sure if it even changed in the Red Modern 2, but moved to the JJ pre tube instead of the Sylvania after the update, and my tone seems back to its old self (was sounding a little muddy after the update to me). From what I read the Sylvania should have been brighter than the JJ, but my ears are hearing different.

Might have something to do with this:

The Release Notes said:
Fixed wrong snubber cap value in Recto 2 amp models. This changes the default High Cut value to 10 kHz.

Yeah,something happened with the 2nd update! (6.01) Everything sounds great again! Slightly less gain on most or my high gain amp setting and the ruckus pedal on my clean double verb amp! Sounds more amp like!

Just got my AX8 last Friday in the mail. Which firmware it will have from factory. Thank you
G66 here in EU sends all devices upgraded with latest firmware. I guess it's the same in US with FAS themselves...

Reactions: Ole
Just got my AX8 last Friday in the mail. Which firmware it will have from factory. Thank you
Depends on when it was shipped. But all the guesswork in the world won't match the accuracy of pulling up the Firmware page of the Utility menu and seeing for yourself which firmware you have. :)

Depends on when it was shipped. But all the guesswork in the world won't match the accuracy of pulling up the Firmware page of the Utility menu and seeing for yourself which firmware you have. :)
I completely agree. Ironically enough I still haven't even turn it on.. even once ... If 5 years ago somebody would have told me that I would get piece of gear I been dreaming about for few months and haven't tried it for 3 days after getting package......I would be laughing like crazy.... Noways with 1 year old baby and another way on the way... My main "guitar playing" is on the forum on my iPhone during work ha ha

I also received Yamaha HS8 in mail today so tonight was pretty much my first real in " depth" experience. My first impression is great. It did remind me my Mark V in dialing/tweaking way. For some reason majority of the factory presets didn't sound that good to me. I tried dialed the tone and seems like tiny change can change the tone from mediocre to very nice one. Me having zero experience with digital gear makes my learning curve relatively steep but I'm getting there. Tonight I did made my mind that Im definitely keeping AX8 and I can't wait to learn it fast. Im reading forum and it sounds like speakers can make drastic difference. At this moment my main concerns are:
1)Do you guys think I'm getting good quality sounds by using HS8. Im not gigging nor recording so my playing is strictly bedroom practice. I already asked that question and seems like many people are happy with studio monitors..just trying understand what would be benefits of going real FRFR like RCF or EV vs HS8 specifically for my low volume recreational practicing scenario.
2) I was quite surprised to find out how big cab sims affect the sound. With same amp sound can change so drastically ...feels like different amps in some way. Doesn't make much sense to get third party cab sims like Ownhammer or other ones out there
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom