AX8 V6.00 Public Beta

J

joe rogers

The much anticipated AX8 V6.00 Public Beta is now available for immediate download. All of the enhancements provided by the Axe-FX Quantum V6.00 are present, as well as a couple of new AX8 exclusive feature additions. Please be aware that this is BETA software, and as such, may contain bugs or other unintended consequences. As will all firmware upgrades, we strongly advise you to back up your AX8 with Fractal-Bot before proceeding with the install.

Also, please read through the release not carefully before you install.

You download the Beta Firmware here:

AX8 V6.00 Public Beta

Release Notes:

AX8 V6.00 is a major enhancement release incorporating the Axe-FX Quantum V6.00 changes, and adds a couple of new features.

Additions:
· Greatly improved Wah block. Two new parameters have also been added: “Coil Bias” parameter allows the user to adjust the DC offset of the virtual inductor. “Low Cut Freq” sets the highpass filter due to the input coupling capacitor. It is recommended that existing presets be auditioned and, in most cases, deselecting and reselecting the desired model to reset dependent parameters.

· Improved Amp block output transformer to power tube interaction modeling. This results in less “smear” in the overtones when the virtual power tubes are driven into clipping.

· Improved Amp block plate clipping modeling. New algorithms more accurately replicate the gradual onset of clipping and never fully hard clip resulting in a more dynamic and “open” tone. Note that the increased dynamics may result in some amp models having higher peak volumes which can result in clipping with existing presets. To remedy this simply turn down the Level control in the Amp block.

· Recalculated Amp block preamp tube parameters. The “12AX7A SYL” (Sylvania 12AX7A) is now the default type as we think it sounds the best.

· Improved background calculation accuracy for cathode follower parameters.

· Added Solo 88 tone stack type (the Solo 88 Rhy and Lead models previously used the Solo 100 tone stack which has a different treble taper and load resistance). The Solo 88 Rhy and Lead models now default to that tone stack type.

· Increased maximum amount of virtual power amp sag in Amp block. The maximum amount of sag is now twice what was previously available. Existing presets will automatically be adjusted to compensate for the increased range of the Supply Sag control, i.e. if the Supply Sag was set to 8.00 it will be adjusted down to 4.00 so as to yield the same amount of sag. High values of Supply Sag can be used to make the feel “easier” and/or replicate the behavior of other products that intentionally exaggerate compression.

· Added Persistent Large Preset Display. Please see NOTE 1.

· Added “DEFAULT SCENE” to all presets; this allows the default to be configured for each preset. Please see NOTE 2.

Fixes:
· Fixed wrong snubber cap value in Recto 2 amp models. This changes the default High Cut value to 10 kHz.

· Fixed wrong phase inverter component value in all “Plexi 50W” amp models. Probably not audible though.

· Fixed volume of “Brit Silver” amp model.

NOTE 1: Persistent Large Display
The large display feature has been modified to allow for a persistent display. To access this feature to the GLOBAL MENU:

SETUP->GLOBAL->SETTINGS

Change the “DISPLAY LARGE PRESET” parameter to “ALWAYS”.

Once this feature is enabled, the large preset name will appear every time you switch presets. The display will remained unchanged until the <EXIT> button is pressed. Pressing the <EXIT> button will return the AX8 to its Main display page. To return to the Large Preset Display, simply press <EXIT> again from any one of the Main display pages.

PLEASE NOTE: this will override the “LAYOUT GRID EXIT” parameter setting.

NOTE 2: Default Scene per Preset

The Default Scene is defined as the scene that is loaded any time a new Preset is selected. Prior to V6.00, the Default Scene was strictly a global setting. Starting with this release, each preset can override the Global setting and select a different Default Scene. Take the following steps to access this new parameter.

From the Main screen, use the <PAGE> button and navigate to the “CFG” page.
Use the <NAV> knob to select the bottom parameter menu item “DEFAULT SCENE”. This parameter can be modified by any of the other knobs, “A” – “D”.

The choices for DEFAULT SCENE are:

· Scenes 1 – 8
· CURRENT – This leaves the current scene unchanged from what was currently selected prior to the Preset Change.
· GLOBAL – This uses the previously mentioned Global DEFAULT SCENE setting. Note: This is the default for all presets created prior to V6.00.

@joe rogers Is anyone looking into the timeout issues some users have reported? I can't even install this due to Fractal Bot giving me timeout errors when querying the firmware version. I'm on a MacBook running El Capitan, I don't use Chrome and I don't have any other devices connected to the computer. AX8 Edit is a crap shoot too.

@joe rogers Is anyone looking into the timeout issues some users have reported? I can't even install this due to Fractal Bot giving me timeout errors when querying the firmware version. I'm on a MacBook running El Capitan, I don't use Chrome and I don't have any other devices connected to the computer. AX8 Edit is a crap shoot too.

Try another USB cable.

Is it christmas already mom? Because I just got some gifts out of nowhere :)

Thanks guys, you rock!!!

Back
Top Bottom