Wish [Implemented 6.00] Configure Default Scene Per-Preset

fornies

So I know that this has been asked before in the Axe-FX forum in this thread. Also, it is being discussed for the AX8 here. I would like to officially request this feature for the AX8.

Use cases
  1. As discussed in the AX8 thread it would be nice to setup scenes in a somewhat consistent way for every preset. Either by gain level or maybe effects used. This way it is easier to remember which scene is what. But, sometimes you may want a preset to start at a lower gain scene and sometimes a higher gain scene. While it is possible to solve the problem by copying scenes to different orders and placing them differently on the foot-switches the red LED lights would be inconsistent preset to preset.
  2. Another, maybe more compelling reason would be to help with song arrangement changes. Maybe you usually start a song with the Intro/Lead scene but during practice decide to start at the Chorus with a different scene. It would be nice to pick the Chorus scene as the new default scene for that preset. Again, you could take the time copy and reorder but then your scenes are different from what you were just playing before the change.
Possible Implementation
Under the configuration tab for each preset have a menu for "Default Scene". The options for this menu would be:
  • Use Global Default *(Selected by default)
  • Scene 1
  • Scene 2
  • Scene 3
  • Scene 4
  • Scene 5
  • Scene 6
  • Scene 7
  • Scene 8
This implementation would leave current setups unchanged but allow the feature to be used where necessary.

Some have suggested to automatically set the default scene to the scene that is loaded when the preset is save. I do not agree with this idea as it could cause unintended effects when making quick changes and would require the user to choose the correct scene every time they want to save the preset.

Back
Top Bottom