Attention Bass Players!!! Something Wicked This Way Comes...

Thanks guys. These will be for sale through the official FAS store.

I would feel foolish to be in the field of SEO in my day job and not utilize FAS's great platform and search engine positioning to get these ir's in front of the broadest audience possible.

Here is another clip from the same IR pack using the Dizzy Blue on Bass, and two tracks of guitar, one using Euro Blue and the other using the Recto Orange Vintage.

No track or mix processing was done on the tracks in this mix.

The guitar signal chain in the Axe FX 2 was two guitar tracks with one amp block each which each fed a separate mono cab block.

Bass signal chain was a single amp block which fed a separate mono cab block.

No other reverb, modulation, or eq was done to these tracks other than what was available in the Amp Blocks.

All the dimensionality in each track was achieved using the pre-made mixes featured in the pack by mixing specific mic files together.

There is a particular mic that is used in these blends that no other commercial or non-commercial IR producer seems to be using to date, but with which I have decades of experience using this particular mic as a blend on countless recordings to achieve a certain depth to the cabinet sound.

Bass was a 1980 Rickenbacker 4003 Bass in the middle position.

Guitar was a PRS SE Singlecut with Trem in the bridge position.

Each track was done in one take via USB from the AxeFx2 straight into my computer..

The drum loop was from Focusrite Scarlet Drum Sample Pack that I sample rate converted to 48kHz in order to record and playback using the Fractal as my interface..

Very cool :).

If I may be so bold as to ask for one thing?
Can you solo the bass track, and do half of the track with the cab, and the other track without? Would be very cool to just hear what the cab is bringing to the bass tone :).

Definitely stirring up interest from me for some new IRs :).

Very cool :).

If I may be so bold as to ask for one thing?
Can you solo the bass track, and do half of the track with the cab, and the other track without? Would be very cool to just hear what the cab is bringing to the bass tone :).

Definitely stirring up interest from me for some new IRs :).

Oi vey. I should have recorded the dry track when I put it down, then it would have been easy to do this.

Let me find some time this week to retrack the the bass dry and re-amp the track both ways.

I feel like a big dummy not doing that before to facilitate a request like this.

This is definitely a learning process of what people like to hear in samples of this ilk.

Oh, no worries at all man. I don't mean to cause a lot of work for you.

For me, I like hearing "new" stuff in solo and mix context. What you've done is great, don't do more on my behalf by any means. :)

OK, my brain is a little toasty from running around all day, but I just powered out the track in three ways in 3 passes.
1. bass amp + cab
2. Bass amp only
3. cab only

The only manipulation I did was to make the volumes relatively even so that you could compare easily what is going on.

Oh man, thank you very much. Now, the fun part will be to guess where the transitions are. I'll give it a very close listen after work tomorrow night and throw out a guess haha. This is cool, I'm looking forward to it. It definitely has a sound of an older cab to me, or at least a cab with a more vintage voicing (something without a compression driver / tweeter?).

Oh man, thank you very much. Now, the fun part will be to guess where the transitions are. I'll give it a very close listen after work tomorrow night and throw out a guess haha. This is cool, I'm looking forward to it. It definitely has a sound of an older cab to me, or at least a cab with a more vintage voicing (something without a compression driver / tweeter?).

This particular cab in this clip was made in 1995 with no tweeter (at the time, the cab was considered a thoroughly modern sound for the era).

I will give another clue, the clip that started the thread had this cab plus something a couple decades older than this one in that bi-amp configuration.

Somebody via PM already correctly guessed that older cab right on the nose.

I am very impressed with the golden ears of my fellow FAS bass players.

Nice. I'm only on crappy laptop speakers, so definitely not something I would want to wager a real guess on. Glad I'm in the ballpark even with just that though :).

I already have my $30 set aside. Just let me know when to push buttons to send it to you :)

Bump, just to kick this to the top of this subforum. :) Been enjoying the 3Sigma IRs I bought, and I'm looking forward to this one too!

At one point I posted an entire preset I made that should get bassists about 80 or 90% of the way to an Eddie Jackson (Spector era) tone :).

Awesome. I'll be releasing a "bunch" of presets hopefully in the next few weeks. I have a couple of requests I'm working through, then will hammer them all out and put them up for grabs.

Working on my next cab pack as of last weekend & this weekend. Here's a preview of one of the cabs in the 2nd pack.

GeeK410trev_zpsu0gzjn4k.jpg

Audio clips to follow "soon".

1st pack should be released within the next 2 to 3 weeks from what I hear.

This 2nd pack should be releasing to Fractal next Friday if I can get all the ir mixes together & presets together. If it cruises through beta testing, I would guess a few weeks after that, but these release according to FAS marketing timeline.

Back
Top Bottom