Anyone with feedback issues on their Axe FX READ THIS

FonZero

I got a new working Axe FX III MK 2 Turbo today from G66 :) NO FEEDBACK ISSUES AT ALL SOUNDS GODLY! (ended up being the same price as the reverb one after import taxes and stuff so I was stupid for not going straight to G66). I posted a few days ago about a faulty Axe FX if anyone remembers, this device has been accepted for return by Reverb and will be on the way back when it is collected by the couriers. The problem was a noise gate bug and horrific high-pitched undertones that resonated after every sound input. If ANYONE is struggling to get clear high-gain tones out of their Axe FX 3, RETURN IT ASAP, if it doesn't sound like it should out of the box, it CAN'T BE TWEAKED AWAY! I have seen some users go on with the issue for 10 YEARS and fail to get any usable tones!! NO it is not you, NO it is not the guitar, NO it is not your grounding. You didn't get an Axe FX III MK 2 Turbo, you got turbo BULLSHIT! Be smart, don't waste a decades of your life!!!! Please, if a few solutions don't work, follow your gut. Anyway all sorted very happy thank you Fractal.

Factory reset and firmware were done and it was the same deal, IDK to what degree a competent sound engineer could have fixed/eliminated it but it's not my problem anymore thank god

Last edited:
I have seen some users go on with the issue for 10 YEARS and fail to get any usable tones!! NO it is not you, NO it is not the guitar, NO it is not your grounding. You didn't get an Axe FX III MK 2 Turbo, you got turbo BULLSHIT! Be smart, don't waste a decades of your life!!!!
Can you provide proof of this? I doubt it since the Axe III MKI has only been out for about 6 years, the MKII Turbo much less.

I got a new working Axe FX III MK 2 Turbo today from G66 :) NO FEEDBACK ISSUES AT ALL SOUNDS GODLY! (ended up being the same price as the reverb one after import taxes and stuff so I was stupid for not going straight to G66). I posted a few days ago about a faulty Axe FX if anyone remembers, this device has been accepted for return by Reverb and will be on the way back when it is collected by the couriers. The problem was a noise gate bug and horrific high-pitched undertones that resonated after every sound input. If ANYONE is struggling to get clear high-gain tones out of their Axe FX 3, RETURN IT ASAP, if it doesn't sound like it should out of the box, it CAN'T BE TWEAKED AWAY! I have seen some users go on with the issue for 10 YEARS and fail to get any usable tones!! NO it is not you, NO it is not the guitar, NO it is not your grounding. You didn't get an Axe FX III MK 2 Turbo, you got turbo BULLSHIT! Be smart, don't waste a decades of your life!!!! Please, if a few solutions don't work, follow your gut. Anyway all sorted very happy thank you Fractal.
Again, given you bought the unit used, there's no telling whether it came that way from the factory or as a result of something related to the previous owner.

No particular issue with the OP's basic premise. I agree that, if you get a defective unit, you should return it, no matter where it was purchased. Even if it came from Fractal, which his initial one did not. No one would want more than FAS to make sure their units represent the full capability they were designed for.. and their reputation is spotless for standing behind what they sell. The used market is always a bit of a crap shoot.

As for the other statements... well, I'll leave that alone. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom