Anyone hear the Friedman ASM-12 500-Watt ???

Got mine today at my work. Two days early! My band practice space is behind me here at work and I'm super busy today with customers but I can't wait to open these Friedman boxes and get them hooked up!

1. Man! these sounds so good! Thanks guys for the input about these.

Attachments

• IMG_20151219_115228708 (4).jpg
    IMG_20151219_115228708 (4).jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 45
Dave makes some of the best gear available. I'm sure he wouldn't release anything that did not do
the axe justice. He has been a part of the fractal world since the beginning and knows amps in and out.
There is no one better to make an an FRFR solution for the axe. My 2 cents. :)

I will say they aren't as loud as my tube rig or the QSC K12's but I will be using in ear monitors live and these will be for stage sound and feedback when I need it. They do thump my chest though! Good tone.

I just got mine, not all my direct presets transcend well but I never expect it to, I mean the tone is killer but just have to back down the effects
a little. headphones and cabs are just two different ways to monitor .. nice build quality, hate where they put the handle would rather have one on the end

I just got mine, not all my direct presets transcend well but I never expect it to, I mean the tone is killer but just have to back down the effects
a little. headphones and cabs are just two different ways to monitor .. nice build quality, hate where they put the handle would rather have one on the end
The handle is the only complaint really. I'm sure you'll get everything dialed in and sounding great in no time. Enjoy!

I will say they aren't as loud as my tube rig or the QSC K12's but I will be using in ear monitors live and these will be for stage sound and feedback when I need it. They do thump my chest though! Good tone.

Glad you like em'! Like I said, I've almost forgot that I'm not playing thru a tube combo, etc. I look down at the ground and see guitar cab even though I know that is not what it is. :) The QSC K12s are 1000 watts correct? If so, that would make sense why the Friedman is not as loud at 500 watts.

Glad you like em'! Like I said, I've almost forgot that I'm not playing thru a tube combo, etc. I look down at the ground and see guitar cab even though I know that is not what it is. :) The QSC K12s are 1000 watts correct? If so, that would make sense why the Friedman is not as loud at 500 watts.
Correct on the wattage. I am still experimenting but figured out if I lower the bass that I can get more volume without the limit light engaging. I'm getting some good results and a bit louder now as well, thanks for your input on these.

Arrived! So far I've only tried the stock Friedman HBE patch with the dephase at 10 and it absolutely crushes!!! I need to compare it to my tube amps, but won't have time until after the holiday. So far so good. If I do end up keeping it, I am totally adding another handle along with a road case and some extra rubber feet to run it on top of my 2x12. Looks epic.

btw- anyone else using the dephase on 10 on like all patches?

Arrived! So far I've only tried the stock Friedman HBE patch with the dephase at 10 and it absolutely crushes!!! I need to compare it to my tube amps, but won't have time until after the holiday. So far so good. If I do end up keeping it, I am totally adding another handle along with a road case and some extra rubber feet to run it on top of my 2x12. Looks epic.

btw- anyone else using the dephase on 10 on like all patches?
I usually use the dephase either off,or on 1, or 3. I have to use the cut switch on just about every patch also. You? The Friedmans sound good but I'm use to a brighter sound after using the QSC's. I'll get use to them soon. They are pretty sweet! Enjoy!

I usually use the dephase either off,or on 1, or 3. I have to use the cut switch on just about every patch also. You? The Friedmans sound good but I'm use to a brighter sound after using the QSC's. I'll get use to them soon. They are pretty sweet! Enjoy!

ya, that was one thing I noticed right of the bat, they are not bright at all. Not that it is a bad thing, for a minute I thought the tweeter was bad. I do hear a slight hiss, but after playing you can't tell and with the axe in proximity...the fan on the II is louder.

I'm definitely vibing with them. Lots of warmth and absolutely no harsh top end. My previous frfr experience was with some JBL PRX's, they sounded good and clear but had too much top end that needed to be dialed out. With the ASM I almost want to dial in the top end back in.

As for the IR's, well I guess it will just take sometime matching up the right ones....I am still maxing out the dephase, sounds very tasty with it at 10!

I use the dephase but have never tried it up that high. I usually have it around 3-4 range. I actually like that the Friedman is not heavy on the high end because I think that is why the tone never gets harsh. I can easily dial in high end, it was dialing it out with other solutions that was so frustrating.

Like I've mentioned in other posts, I like dialing out a touch of mids when I'm doing hard rock/metal stuff (everyone is different and depends on pickups, etc. obviously). On the clean stuff, I rarely touch a thing. I have been wanting to get some more IRs, especially now that they are getting better at them. The Fractal GB and V30 cabs are great and I really like some of the ML and OH 4x12 cabs. They sound much more in your face than some of the other stock cabs.

Dephase should take care of phase issues captured in the cab IR so there's no one setting that's magic... find your sweet spot per IR

Back
Top Bottom