Announcement: Atomic Reactor FR - UPDATED 7/27/09

Re: Announcement: Atomic Reactor FR

BlueLotus said:
BlueLotus said:
Quick question (and I know it's probably been answered somewhere in this thread):

With the tweeter volume knob, if you turn it all the way down does it turn the tweeter all the way off? In otherwords, can you use the Fratomic as a conventional guitar poweramp/cab by turning the tweeter off on the Fratomic and then turning the cab sim off on the Axe-Fx? I'm just wondering for recording purposes if on wanted to record the sound from the fratomic with a mic up close.

Thanks.
^
l
l
l
Can you help me here, Tom?

Still looking for an answer here.

BlueLotus said:
BlueLotus said:
BlueLotus said:
Quick question (and I know it's probably been answered somewhere in this thread):

With the tweeter volume knob, if you turn it all the way down does it turn the tweeter all the way off? In otherwords, can you use the Fratomic as a conventional guitar poweramp/cab by turning the tweeter off on the Fratomic and then turning the cab sim off on the Axe-Fx? I'm just wondering for recording purposes if on wanted to record the sound from the fratomic with a mic up close.

Thanks.
^
l
l
l
Can you help me here, Tom?

Still looking for an answer here.
I can understand why Cliff wouldn't want to post a speculative answer at this point. There are some many factors involved. The Fratomic is designed to be a very neutral very flat response. I don't think it makes sense to turn the cab models off completely. Maybe cliff or someone will come up with a set of IR's that are mic neutral? Does that make any sense? Anyway just my two cents.

electronpirate said:
I figure we're *close* here. I'd like to hear a 'expected to ship' date.

Actually only say that because I just bought a house, and I'm in a huge world of debt right now. Thus, under Murphy's law, it will come out right when it's the most painful to try to afford the 2 that I've reserved.

The lack of official information regarding this matter is a bit annoying. :cry:

What would be nice : a very neutral speaker in the Fratomic, but that we could change easily. I say that because I had an Atomic Reactor 18 W and I prefered a guitar speaker, but it was very difficult to change it.

jimiyves said:
What would be nice : a very neutral speaker in the Fratomic, but that we could change easily. I say that because I had an Atomic Reactor 18 W and I prefered a guitar speaker, but it was very difficult to change it.
That would competely defeat the purpose of the FR in Atomic FR. If you want a guitar voiced speaker get an ordinary Reactor and tough out the changing. If you know which you want you only need to do it once. No way a guitar speaker with a tweeter be anywhere near flat response.
The FR will be calculated to the specific speaker that will be used so the response will be as good as possible. Another speaker responds totally differently.

That would competely defeat the purpose of the FR in Atomic FR. If you want a guitar voiced speaker get an ordinary Reactor and tough out the changing. If you know which you want you only need to do it once. No way a guitar speaker with a tweeter be anywhere near flat response.
The FR will be calculated to the specific speaker that will be used so the response will be as good as possible. Another speaker responds totally differently.

I said that because Atomic amp won't make a Fratomic poweramp. If you want Fractomic poweramp only you will have to buy entire amp. But if you don't like the neutral speaker, it would be nice to allow us to change it easily. Because it is very hard to change the Atomic speaker, the speaker is sticked on the cab, and I had to cut and stick the wood of the cab. Very very hard.

"Watch therefore, for ye know not the day nor the hour the Fratomic FRFR will come."

And.... faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of Tom.... for some that may be the problem.. not enough word for their faith. But he who endureth to the end shall have everlasting tone. Lord I apologize!!! I couldn't resist!

I'd be happy with just the one Fractal FRFR 1x12 config at this point lol!
:?

Oog. Rethinking the Fratomic now. Ardor has cooled.

Thing is, I haven't played live in over a year now, and the majority of my playing is confined to late night sessions (well, not recently...see my thread in the lounge..) I'm really starting to look forward to doing some recording, and getting these damn'd songs out of my head. Thus, a $500 investment in Logic, another $500 in an Apogee Duet, leaves me a position where I might have to choose...Fratomic, or recording. Since I still haven't really found anyone that I would LIKE to play with here in Denver, my live career might be something of the past...

Maybe it will all work out, and the Fratomic is still a few months away. Time enough to squirrel away another couple grand or so for that investment. Of course that means that the announcement probably coming soon... :(

Just buy an inexpensive interface with SPDIF I/O and use Garageband, especially if you're just wanting to make songwriting demos! Feel free to PM me with any questions you have - I hate to see people spend unnecessary money on stuff like this.

I played yesterday through a house PA wedge with a fizzy horn and the direct sunlight messed with the plastic CC pedals on my Behringer board so that the wah would not zero out half the time for auto-engage to shut off the wah. It was miserable and I'm very anxious for the MFC as well as the Reactor FR! I would just love to compare it next to a cab/power amp, about which I am thinking hard!

Man I am in need of the AR FR ... I am in a new band, and I am getting nervous ... I am planning on doing the Monitor/PA route,, and I am holding out for the Atomic ...

Sure could use some good news .... :|

Back
Top Bottom