Always showing preset as "edited"

jrusidoff

Got my FM3 last Thursday...and a bad case of Covid the same day....so I have been doing some catching up.

Finding my way around pretty well, and have created two presets that I like, but I have a question:

In either of these presets, anytime I simply go from one scene to another, not touching or changing any parameters, the "edit" light on the FM3 lights up and in FM3 Edit so does the Save button.

I have saved ad nauseam, and this still happens.

What is the deal?

This is expected behavior. When saving, you're also saving the default scene. So if you change scene, you have "edited" the default scene.

Yes, if you don't turn the behavior "off", then the light is pretty much useless because it's always lit up! :)
It could be there are other new users out there unaware of this feature. Many of us probably don't give it a second thought anymore.
There was a lot of discussion in the past about it and FAS responded. Great company!

This is expected behavior. When saving, you're also saving the default scene. So if you change scene, you have "edited" the default scene.
Not necessarily. If your system is set to use a specific default scene instead of "as saved", it would not affect anything if you saved... But the light remains lit unless you set "Indicate Changed..." to OFF.

I'll bump this as a more elegant solution...

It would be helpful if we could specify the Default Scene for each preset.

Currently, we have two options: either 1) load every preset with the same default scene, and. 2) load every preset at the scene that was active when the preset was last saved. In order to load a preset with a unique starting scene, this requires you to remember to navigate to the default scene every time you want to save. In the hustle and bustle of preset editing, it’s easy to forget that step.

How much smoother it would be if you could simply specify the default scene for each preset just once, and be done with it. You’d still have the same option to set the default scene globally, but you would be allowed to deviate from the global default. For each preset, your choices for Default Scene would be:

1). 1 through 8;

2). Global default;

3). As saved.

My default scene is always scene 1... If I need another default scene I swap them... Or make a new preset... Or change it when I load the preset...
All for choices, but KISS for stupid old me means default = 1.
If another scene is default i'd get confused. Even more than I am usually.

Back
Top Bottom