allan holdsworth tone

Cool. I havent listened this disc yet, but i will. Simeon, can you write a sample of your patch? - just few notes ;)

magoga said:
Cool. I havent listened this disc yet, but i will. Simeon, can you write a sample of your patch? - just few notes ;)

ok, so i was playing with this sound last night at about 1:30am...now we're in the cold light of day, i can hear that it needs a little work. allan's sound is somehow softer and a little more "hairy". i might try playing around with it a bit more today. i'm also using too much again again. :roll:

anyway, here's a little clip, as requested, so you can see what i mean - tone test - a clip of the tune first and then a few noodles from me.

best

sim

well after playing around a bit more, i've gone back to using the mkII c 1 model, with very low damp and sag values. something about the fas lead 2 was bugging me, but i can't put my finger on exactly what....

ho hum....i think i'll go back to creating some more wacky fx patches... :ugeek:

Need some more info - is there any peq? - and what about delay settings? Is it based on some old patch? Maybe you can share the patch :roll:

Listening again your sample - AH is more round - and yours has something sharp in the spectrum and just a little gainy- needs more work :ugeek: But i like it anyway :lol:

magoga said:
Listening again your sample - AH is more round - and yours has something sharp in the spectrum and just a little gainy- needs more work :ugeek: But i like it anyway :lol:

yeah, that spike was the reason i didn't end up using it, but it has potential, i agree!

sim

i had mine running into a 1x12 brit and a 2x12 brit with u87's. i just changed the 1x12 brit to a 1x12 studio - sounds much better!

sim

simeon said:
i had mine running into a 1x12 brit and a 2x12 brit with u87's. i just changed the 1x12 brit to a 1x12 studio - sounds much better!

sim

Ok :p ... BTW I cant find mkII c 1 model - Is it USA LEAD 1?

Ok. Just my thoughts... USA IIC+ 1 better than FAS2 - its more mellow. 1x12 brit / 1x12 studio - hmmm - maybe :| - but i prefer brit - its more focused and studio is too flat and bass. If you listen Allan Holdsworth - Questions - it needs 1x12 brit more.

okay, so MKIIc, or MKIV?

i never heard of allan using a MKII, but i know he liked the MKIV...are we honing in?

:?:

i thought your MKIV preset sounded very close indeed, but i think i prefer the MKII because it's a little softer...

sim

i prefer the MKII too.
simeon said:
i never heard of allan using a MKII, but i know he liked the MKIV...are we honing in?
i think:
What is the Axe-Fx? Well, let's start by telling you what it isn't. It's not a modeler in the strict sense. Although it has cabinet emulation and different amplifier "types" it does not attempt to model any amplifier or effect exactly. (from Axe-Fx WiKi)

go back through the thread. there's lots of good info in it and i attached the original patch and some variations in one of my posts

sim

simeon, could you post the patch you were using in the last clip?

i would love to fool around with it and record something holdsworthy :)

Back
Top Bottom