Announcing the FM9 Mark II Turbo

the product is called the Mark II Turbo. turbo means the 10% increase.

i've bolded some things, but it is saying
10+% more DSP power... [than] the standard FM9
Larger mini displays while all other specs are the same as the previous Turbo.

so it's a Turbo and what makes it a mark ii is the larger footswitch displays. that's the difference.
^Bingo!^

Argh. Out for delivery by 1:50pm. It's now 1:47pm. FedEx driver just went down my neighbor's drive, turned around and left.

No change in status, but I'm betting they screwed up and will change the status to delivery attempt failed. FML

Hopefully it's not on Chuck Noland's plane.
My FM9 II Turbo just earned the nickname Wilson. :cool:

Edit: Woo-hoo! Wilson arrived safely! 😍

Edit #2: The new displays are the marvelous. Now I can do a quick glance down from about six feet away and know which switch to hit when I get there. That's the way it should be!

Last edited:
I use my FM9 on Sundays and also stay on one preset for the set. Blocks have 4 channels (ABCD) and fortunately, so does the “Controllers” block, which contains the tempo. So you can easily have 4 tempos saved, one for each of 4 Scenes. For sets that go beyond 4 songs, I just duplicate my preset to the next slot and have 4 more. It’s also quite common for two songs in a set to have the same tempo so you can use that channel on more than one Scene.

It would be very nice though if Fractal would give the Controllers block 8 channels, one per Scene.
I had a question for you about what we discussed above. I have bene digging into my FM9 and have learned a ton but still stuck on a few thing. I see the Controllers block that has the 4 temposs as channels, but I do not see how I can actually assign them to a scene, or a control switch , which is what I would prefer. I dont see them as a modifier that can be assigned, but again this is all new to me. I have been assuming I could assign them to a scen controller or any other controller but dont see that option. I actually would like to set upp the 4 bpms on a switch (hold) that I could change so all the scenes us it. Can this be done? Thanks, Michael

I had a question for you about what we discussed above. I have bene digging into my FM9 and have learned a ton but still stuck on a few thing. I see the Controllers block that has the 4 temposs as channels, but I do not see how I can actually assign them to a scene, or a control switch , which is what I would prefer. I dont see them as a modifier that can be assigned, but again this is all new to me. I have been assuming I could assign them to a scen controller or any other controller but dont see that option. I actually would like to set upp the 4 bpms on a switch (hold) that I could change so all the scenes us it. Can this be done? Thanks, Michael
you change the channels of the Controller block to access 4 tempos. note that ALL functions of the Controller block change when changing channels.

set a switch for Effect, Channel, Controllers, and perhaps Increment +1 with Wrap turned on to cycle through all 4 channels.

you change the channels of the Controller block to access 4 tempos. note that ALL functions of the Controller block change when changing channels.

set a switch for Effect, Channel, Controllers, and perhaps Increment +1 with Wrap turned on to cycle through all 4 channels.
Thanks so much - That is exactly what I was looking for!!!!

Back
Top Bottom