FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... not sure it implies that, it might imply the opposite actually, if that parameter needs translation between two devices it might mean that one of those doesn't support it and some kind of conversion is needed when exchanging presets, like automatically setting mix to 100% in the device that doesn't have the kill dry switch if kill dry was active in the original preset.

Or maybe I'm just reading too much in that sentence, since it was already kinda confirmed it will be added 😂

Or it just means translating.... to other languages. So that if the FM*Edit software is switched to french it loads the appropriate text, etc.

Kill dry already confirmed for next release in this thread as noted by others

I really thought that the FM 3 would not get any new firmware updates and it would have been ok for me but that is a great surprise! Thanks, FAS!

Or it just means translating.... to other languages. So that if the FM*Edit software is switched to french it loads the appropriate text, etc.
The only language available in the editor is English afaik.
Anyway, yep it was kinda confirmed, but who knows..

Just updated to the FW8 beta, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I just want to make sure I'm getting this right. I know that all amp blocks are still at their "FW7" modeling after the firmware update, and won't be in the new X-3 modeling until I reset the amp block in each preset. With that in mind:

1) If I go to an amp channel in a preset, copy it to the clipboard, reset the amp block, and then paste the clipboard - will this now be my original amp block settings, but with the new X-3 modeling? And I'd have to save the preset for it to stick?
2) If I copy a preset and save it to a new slot - does this now have an updated amp block with the new modeling?
2) "Upgrade all presets" in the utilities menu - does this automatically change all amp blocks to new Cygnus x-3, while retaining all the exact settings saved in the presets?

Thx all!
So if i do the “upgrade all presets” process - I don’t then need to reset each amp block? Or do I need to also then do that afterwards?

And if I copy an existing FW7 amp block settings, reset the amp block, and then paste the settings - is this now a fully updated amp block with my original settings?

Sorry still just not clear if I have reset every amp block to be fully updated to the new Cygnus X-3 awesomeness

Thank you Fractal Team! Something that no one has mentioned is that the boot time is reduced:

Firmware 7: 52sec
Firmware 8: 46sec

I have followed the recommendation of deleting all the factory packs to reduce the boot time, but the time remains the same (46 seconds with 10 presets only)

Last edited:
@Mark Day checked this this today. He found no difference between the two firmware versions.
I appreciate you trying to repro my problem.

I decided to compare, by first downgrading the firmware. I noticed a change in the input level after I downgraded to 7, and even recorded a little video (so that I could post here). But, then, after I re-upgraded to 8b1, the "problem" went away and the pad levels seem now equivalent on both firmwares.

Thanks again,

Z

So if i do the “upgrade all presets” process - I don’t then need to reset each amp block? Or do I need to also then do that afterwards?

And if I copy an existing FW7 amp block settings, reset the amp block, and then paste the settings - is this now a fully updated amp block with my original settings?

Sorry still just not clear if I have reset every amp block to be fully updated to the new Cygnus X-3 awesomeness

The upgrade all makes the block compatible with the new FW as I understand it. Some values will change. If the setup in your unit is set to ideal controls, fewer settings will change. I have some presets where I reset the block but now I’m thinking it’s not necessary. I’m just tweaking to taste as always or using as is. If I’m not getting there then I reset the block and start over.

Firmware 8.0 Beta has been rock solid here, at least for the models and settings that I use. My gigging unit still hadn’t been updated to 7.0 and I just skipped it altogether.

Gig with confidence!

When the official 8.00 release drops, does it just install over the 8.00 beta? Or will you have to downgrade back to 7.00 before install the official 8.00 release?

When the official 8.00 release drops, does it just install over the 8.00 beta? Or will you have to downgrade back to 7.00 before install the official 8.00 release?
You’ll just install the GM over your existing firmware.

Reactions: LCW

Kill dry already confirmed for next release in this thread as noted by others
Btw, I just received the same update for fm9-edit, so I guess it just means that the previous version of the editor wasn't copying that parameter when converting a preset coming from another device.

Fractal team, will FM3 receive the clipping warning indicator? Thank you!
Previously my input was -12, it tickles the red, if I set -18 I felt sound changes (less volume, compression, etc).
I try -18db with 8 beta, it seems it makes no difference in sound, (signal led at full green ,no more reds). I set it at -18 to be sure, knowing that clipping may occur. Give it a try!

I set it at -18 to be sure, knowing that clipping may occur. Give it a try!
I had it on -18dB for a couple of years, and changed to -6db after installing fw8. I think it improves the feel, makes it easier to play. Can't prove it though, just a feeling, so I stick with it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom