FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a RC in sight yet ?
😶‍🌫️

today of course ... its friday!

Last edited:
I've tried to record using my DAW (Logic 10.4.8), setting up a simple track as usual.audio.png
Configured the output 1 mode to "mute", in order to monitor the daw output only.
Unfortunately I cannot hear anything although the input signal is visibile in Logic. I'm using headphones, btw...
What am I missing?

I've tried to record using my DAW (Logic 10.4.8), setting up a simple track as usual.View attachment 139459
Configured the output 1 mode to "mute", in order to monitor the daw output only.
Unfortunately I cannot hear anything although the input signal is visibile in Logic. I'm using headphones, btw...
What am I missing?

If you're using the FM3 as a sound card and the USB 1/2 is routed to Output 1, with USB 3/4 playback also routed to Input 1 (is this intentional?)....shouldn't muting Output 1 result in silence?

I've tried to record using my DAW (Logic 10.4.8), setting up a simple track as usual.View attachment 139459
What am I missing?
The sound will process through the DAW’s monitor out. Is it turned on in the track?

This info from the FM9Edit update yesterday implies Kill dry is coming to the FM3 soon.

View attachment 139470
Hmmm... not sure it implies that, it might imply the opposite actually, if that parameter needs translation between two devices it might mean that one of those doesn't support it and some kind of conversion is needed when exchanging presets, like automatically setting mix to 100% in the device that doesn't have the kill dry switch if kill dry was active in the original preset.

Or maybe I'm just reading too much in that sentence, since it was already kinda confirmed it will be added 😂

but did you click the Monitor button from the track itself?
Yes… The thing is I’m used to the same settings with previous firmware. The project template is the same. I guess it’s something related to the headphones, still have to try the XLR output 1

I know another poster mentioned this before… and I don’t know if it will get any traction… But even though the new Gold Plate and spring reverbs are DSP heavy, it would be AMAZING to have the OPTION to use them for those of us who are running simpler presets and have DSP to spare. PLEASE!! 🥹

Last edited:
Am I understanding correctly that it is not possible to run mono with this beta release?
I think it’s possible if you don’t pan anything left and right. Copy left->right in the setup menu doesn’t work though, so I guess it’s dual mono that technically isn’t possible at the moment.

Last edited:
Performance with the 8.01 beta was great. 3 hours with no issues.
Used the Friedman BE 2010 with the FAT switch, felt great. First time using the fat switch, it added some nasty to the mids.
FAS RULES!

Performance with the 8.01 beta was great. 3 hours with no issues.
Used the Friedman BE 2010 with the FAT switch, felt great. First time using the fat switch, it added some nasty to the mids.
FAS RULES!
I streamed for 3+ hours with mine last night after pulling it all mannger of crazy directions.
nothing. nada. rock. solid.
+1 FAS RULES. no question.

Where did you guys get the 8.01 version? I’m on the fence about gigging with 8.00, an update would make that an easier decision ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom