Unique guitars

IMG_2075.jpeg

Here’s my Emerald Amicus. I don‘t really know how to describe it as it’s a bit larger than a mandolin but tuned like a regular 12-string (although much higher). It’s a lot of fun to play and sings wonderfully. Since it’s an odd scale, I’m using it for an original songs project.

Yes, I had forgotten about Gittler. I found them when researching synth-capable guitars. I agree that $7,500 bucks is pretty steep for that though. Also, it looks like it doesn't have a fretboard and only a tube for the neck, which would be really awkward I would think. There's no way I'd buy one w/o being able to try it.
Gittler-001-Facebook-Image.jpg

Did you see the T2 model though? That's pretty cool for $1,500.
iu

I hadn't seen the T2, thats pretty cool looking too! Might have to check that out further. 👍👍

I thought it'd be interesting to post info on unique guitars out there. Doesn't have to be something you own or have owned, just something you know of that maybe others aren't aware of.

Here's the Daion Headhunter 555 from the 1980s. This was a made-in-Japan (MIJ) semi-hollow construction guitar designed to compete with the 335. I had a burgundy finish come available locally recently. I passed on it, because I don't need any more semi-hollow guitars, but it's definitely tipping the "cool" scale. The controls are just like the 335, except it has two mini-toggle switches for coil splitting.

original.jpg
Had one for a while, yellowish clear finish. Loved it, until the frets started sprouting. Mall music store sold it to me on layaway with case, but then when I paid it off and collected it, there was no case or reduction of price, and a claim that case was not included. This was the last thing ever I bought at that mall music store....

Had one for a while, yellowish clear finish. Loved it, until the frets started sprouting. Mall music store sold it to me on layaway with case, but then when I paid it off and collected it, there was no case or reduction of price, and a claim that case was not included. This was the last thing ever I bought at that mall music store....

Ughh. Sorry that happened. Too bad you didn't get a layaway refund, even though you loved the axe. I hate stores who screw people in anything, but with guitars it just makes my blood boil. In other walks of life it's just people acting without morals, which is a given, but for guitars I guess to me it makes it like sacrilege, since nothing for normal sale matters to me as much.

Back
Top Bottom