G3 modeling thread

Just out of curiosity, will this "G3 Modelling" have any significant impact on the FAS original amp models compared to the impact on the models based on real amps? From what you've said, the improvements seem to based more so on accuracy to the real amps, but you said that it's a "reboot" of the whole amp modelling engine.

I'm just adding to the pool of speculation and attempts to gain a deeper understanding of what's to come. ;)
I bet Cliff is able to model his own models just fine. :)

I bet Cliff is able to model his own models just fine. :)

I think that you're slightly misinterpreting what I'm asking Cliff (either that or my internet sarcasm detector is malfunctioning). What I mean is, will the "reboot" of the modelling engine be so significant that it will benefit the sound of the FAS original amps to a similar extent as the models based on real amps? Or is it just focussed on improving the accuracy?

Reminded me more of this

G2:
14.jpg

G3:
263002.jpg

Just one more footswich ! ;)

What I mean is, will the "reboot" of the modelling engine be so significant that it will benefit the sound of the FAS original amps to a similar extent as the models based on real amps? Or is it just focussed on improving the accuracy?
Anything I say will contain an element of speculation, but here goes...

According to Cliff's post, G3 extracts pertinent data from an amp. The data in the FAS models was created by FAS, so there is nothing more to extract than what was already programmed.

He said it involves opening the amp and taking measurements. With the FAS models, there's no amp to open and measure, and even if there were, all that analysis would just produce a wonderfully accurate copy of the model that already exists.

That's already more speculation than I normally engage in, so I'll shut up now, and let the facts unfold as they may. :)

I don't know about The Pat's, but at least Crystal Palace are doing alright this season. They even turned over Liverpool.

A good laugh is that Man U couldn't beat Cambridge. Lol

I don't know about The Pat's, but at least Crystal Palace are doing alright this season. They even turned over Liverpool.

A good laugh is that Man U couldn't beat Cambridge. Lol

Is it possible that Cambridge intentionally deflated their footballs too? (Or were Man U just crap?)

Is it possible that Cambridge intentionally deflated their footballs too? (Or were Man U just crap?)

Although The Cam had the home advantage, I don't think that they had flat balls. I believe that they were perfectly spherical, the way God intended.

Probable cause of thread derailment:
We're running out of things to speculate about. i.e. we're lusting after more juicy G3 detail. :)

Wow, lots of speculation. This is the state of things so far:

G3 is all-new amp modeling. There are no other changes to the firmware so the effects, routing, etc. stay the same. But the amp modeling is a complete "reboot" based on this analysis thingy I wrote that learns an amp and extracts the pertinent data.

At this point I have only ported several dozen models to G3. It's a LOT of work because it involves opening each amp and doing all the measurements and then doing the analysis matches, etc. It will be several more weeks to port the remaining models.

Does it sound drastically different? No, but it does sound better. Some amps are noticeably better especially the Plexis, Rectos, 5150s and the Trainwreck. The Rectos are very good now. They're smooth yet aggressive at the same time if that makes any sense.

Many parameters have been removed as they are not compatible. Among them: PA Lowcut, PA Hicut, Character Type, Character Freq, Character Amt, Character Q, Voicing, et. al. The modeling doesn't need them.

So stop banging on your F5 key and get back to talking about deflated footballs.

Sounds pretty darn exciting Cliff!... but never mind deflated footballs... how 'bout deflated anticipations! :D ... and just for the record I did see coach Belichick in the sixth floor school book depository window... :eek::p ... j/k... it was the grassy knoll. :eek: ... and I digress.

I guess if it's still several weeks out, playing with 17.04 for a while wouldn't be a waste. It only takes a few minutes to upgrade. May as well make hay while the sun shines. Chances are if it's a major refactoring, there'll be at least one point release to catch some tsetse flies that snuck through.

Back
Top Bottom