Your favourite dual amp combo?

Valgua

Inspired
Hi!

The FM9 has made me fall in love with dual amps presets. Yesterday I experimented with a stereo preset with a plexi panned all the way to the left and bassman 59 all the way to the right. I had to adjust the levels of one of the channels to make the preset sound balanced. The result was very satisfying to my ears. I'm curious to know what combination of amps you enjoy. Cheers!

Hi!

The FM9 has made me fall in love with dual amps presets. Yesterday I experimented with a stereo preset with a plexi panned all the way to the left and bassman 59 all the way to the right. I had to adjust the levels of one of the channels to make the preset sound balanced. The result was very satisfying to my ears. I'm curious to know what combination of amps you enjoy. Cheers!
Hey there,

I have no addition for your question about 2 amps, but 2 diffrent cabs also give a great spectrum of soundwaves you might like.

If you set them some ms as startingpoint on distance 1 from each other in the allign page, you can have some great sound results too.

Cheers 🍻

Duplicate hard panned L/R drives + amps into duplicate hard pannrd L/R IRs - great to put stereo fx before distortion.

I've always loved the RACKMOUNT PREAMPS X2 preset on my EMG guitar. For some reason it makes me wanna play The Pump (Jeff Beck). It's not that similar, but in my mind it's almost spot on LOL

I've always loved the RACKMOUNT PREAMPS X2 preset on my EMG guitar. For some reason it makes me wanna play The Pump (Jeff Beck). It's not that similar, but in my mind it's almost spot on LOL
I'll have to try that preset. Jeff is so expressive that most of his songs make me love the tone he's getting, when it's just as much about his technique and feel. Rick Beato recently did a YT on Jeff Beck, and described him as "One of one". And the dude is 78! Perfect description.

Have you tried blending it with another amp, or different cabs?

Yes! Dual amp presets……you’re speaking my language!! Yep, I build em each on their own row complete with their own cab and effects,
and then pan em all the way left and right in the output block.
My favorite combo at the moment is a Euro Blue on one side and a Friedman BE C45 on the other……sounds awesome!

Yes! Dual amp presets……you’re speaking my language!! Yep, I build em each on their own row complete with their own cab and effects,
and then pan em all the way left and right in the output block.
My favorite combo at the moment is a Euro Blue on one side and a Friedman BE C45 on the other……sounds awesome!
Try the Bogfish (Bogner Fish) with the Friedman. I do not remember which Friedman I am using at the moment, but those two are amazing together. I keep coming back to it so it is a keeper for sure. I am using 4x12 cabs.. The 4x12 GERMAN V30 (RW) and 4x12 GERMAN BOUTIQUE (RW). The Boutique cab has a really nice low end that compliments the v30 cab. Amps and cabs are hard panned. Then I run a dual delay with 0 feedback. 1ms left and 20ms right to get a nice doubler effect that I can turn on and off.

I'll have to try that preset.
You may find there is little to no resemblance. Sorry, LOL...
I often use a Luke II and that preset just gives me a certain unique vibe/color that made me think of and wanna learn the original from There and Beck/Back — and I still love it for that. But if you go back and compare, I'm not sure it has anything in common, yet it pleases me for that.
No, I never tried to change the preset much or anything, IIRC. I was hoping it was still included in the newer generation's presets, and I'm happy to see it is. I will probably hear it pretty soon.
I'm still unaware of much of Beck's work (and even sold Guitar Shop). I was mainly a huge fan of the There and Beck album, as I find his playing "more professional" there in some way, and all great tunes. Probably the first time I heard him.
-
I did see Rick's video and I'm happy Jeff is still so able at age 78. I usually prefer the old live Steve Lukather/Lee Ritenour version of that Stevie Wonder tune, but the one Rick is showing does seem one of Beck's better versions of it too.

Last edited:
I can do a whole gig with a Plexi-AC30 combo and never have to switch presets. I set up a pedal where I can adjust the mix of the amps - heel down is all AC30 and toe down is all Plexi. That combo with a few effects can cover a whole night.

Hey there

I just came across a factory preset that has 2 AMP setup and is very versatile. Adding DRIVE1 and/or DRIVE2 in the mix while playing on scene 2 really is awesome in stereo WOW.. never used this one before but is now added to the favor-it list 😉

Preset: Stone in love

Cheers 🍻

Hey there,

I have no addition for your question about 2 amps, but 2 diffrent cabs also give a great spectrum of soundwaves you might like.

If you set them some ms as startingpoint on distance 1 from each other in the allign page, you can have some great sound results too.

Cheers 🍻
Great suggestion to adjust the alignment of one of the cabs! I tried this out and my two amp preset even sounds wider yet.....love it.
Too bad you cant control the Distance knob with a pedal......you could set one up normal and the other in reverse, and change which one is out
front as you play......would be rad!!

Great suggestion to adjust the alignment of one of the cabs! I tried this out and my two amp preset even sounds wider yet.....love it.
Too bad you cant control the Distance knob with a pedal......you could set one up normal and the other in reverse, and change which one is out
front as you play......would be rad!!
Have you tried to change it to 2ms or 3ms? Some advice.. do not do it with headphones on LOL... your eyes might pop out I barely could hold them in place

Glad to be of service. Cheers 🍻

Have you tried to change it to 2ms or 3ms? Some advice.. do not do it with headphones on LOL... your eyes might pop out I barely could hold them in place

Glad to be of service. Cheers 🍻
2 or 3? More like 300! No kidding, I’ve got one set to 300ms and the other to 0 and it sounds great. lol No headphones though…

Edit: My bad....Ive got it set to 300mm on the knob, which is about 1ms on the graph....I need these reading glasses for a reason! lol

Last edited:
Was revisiting this old SRV tut from Tyler Grund. That would be another favorite dual amp (technique): same amps, but one for clean and one for dirt mixed together.

Was revisiting this old SRV tut from Tyler Grund. That would be another favorite dual amp (technique): same amps, but one for clean and one for dirt mixed together.

WOW these chops really chops, what a great playingstyle.

Thnx for the tutorial... going step by step right now ;)

Cheers 🍻

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom