You know the User Interface is good when...

Ziyan

I've had my Axe FX III since last Friday and I still haven't missed Axe Edit (Mac version for 3 isn't out yet ) even after hours of daily playing and editing/exploration.

It's a testament to how easy the 3 is to get around. It's intuitive enough that I've been using the front panel exclusively for the past week to make patches and explore to nearly full potential of the unit. Something I still find a bit tedious on the 2. I used to do most deep edits using the Axe Edit. Tbh I'd dread having to make any major changes to a patch on the physical unit.

I expected to hit my threshold of what I could do without manual or axe edit fairly quickly but wow...even things like blending multiple cabs are a breeze. The large screen and higher resolution really allows for a comprehensive idea of what's happening in a patch, minimizing time spent going between screens.

Menus, sub menus and pages are very well organized and easily accessible. There are some things I'm definitely going to have to check out in the manual once I get past the initial period of trying out all the sounds - but so far, I'm really digging what's going on here.

I haven't even gone into how it sounds yet, but that's another post!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom