York Audio KW 4x12 M25-SH questions:

GuyJames

Inspired
@York Audio

I just spent like 5 hours going through a lot of different combinations of IR's within this pack and I have to say... I came right back to Mix 1... lol Mix 14 (58 + U67) was a close second but playing along in a mix I found the extra high end was nicer between my Suhr S and PRS 594 humbuckers.

Do you have a special recipe within this pack that you like to combine?

- Guy

Last edited:
@York Audio

I just spent like 5 hours going through a lot of different combinations of IR's within this pack and I have to say... I came right back to Mix 1... lol Mix 14 (58 + U67) was a close second but playing along in a mix I found the extra high end was nicer between my Suhr S and PRS 594 humbuckers.

Do you have a special recipe within this pack that you like to combine?

- Guy
I'm so glad you're liking the pack! Honestly, I don't create and include a Mix unless I connect with it. I use lots of amps and guitars when making them, so one might sound great with my Les Paul through a Marshall or my Tele through a Matchless or a baritone through a Mesa... The idea is to choose whichever one has character you like with the guitar and amp you're using.

All that to say, the Mixes are already a good representation of mics I like to combine. If the tone is close with a Mix and needs something extra, sometimes I'll blend in a single mic depending on the character the tone needs.

There's a lot of beauty to be found in the experimentation process. Embrace it and let yourself feel the same enthusiasm and awe you had when you first started playing guitar and stumbled upon new sounds. The journey is every bit as rewarding as the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom