Yngwie Malmsteen Patch ... Sorta.

I got a tone that is somewhat reminiscent of Yngwie Malmsteen. The problem is I don't know any of his licks and I'm sloppy but here is the sound and the downloadable patch.

I like it! It's actually very similar to my Yngwie preset we were talking about in another thread. Yours has more presence (I've always liked smooth, somewhat dark tones) and the cabs are slightly different.

Attachments

• Plexi 100 Yngwie Lead.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 39
Yeh dude! I didn't even tweak it.

One think maybe is that I was playing through my strat which has some pretty high output single coils loaded (paul gilbert dimarzios)

This was fun. Thanks nice work!

"You won't like me when I'm angry..." :mad: or more correctly :mrgreen

I made this shit with the Axe Fx II too, but with the FW9 :S I have to get that guitar back to my home haha. It's very easy to have the YJM sound (more if you have his guitar! haha). 1987 + little chorus + a lot of delay

Yeah, unleash the fury!! I liked the 50w plexi more, it's almost out of control, every note is an explosion of treble and Fury. Too bad I know 0 Yngwie riffs, I need to learn one!

Last edited:
Yeah, unleash the fury!! I liked the 50w plexi more, it's almost out of control, every note is an explosion of treble and Fury. Too bad I know 0 Yngwie riffs, I need to learn one!

Is that with the same settings as the original preset but just changing the amp??

The original preset sounds awesome!! I tried it changing the cab to the TV mix because in my strat it sounds a bit dark...but it sounds so great that i started a malmsteen cover... i cant believe how close it sounds!!

Thanks a lot Johnnyh64!!!

The original preset sounds awesome!! I tried it changing the cab to the TV mix because in my strat it sounds a bit dark...but it sounds so great that i started a malmsteen cover... i cant believe how close it sounds!!

Thanks a lot Johnnyh64!!!

You're welcome. I'm glad you enjoy it!

Back
Top Bottom