Yamaha Revstar Standard Demo & Review

The Raven

Inspired

Here's my latest video discussing and demoing my Revstar Standard that I bought back in 2022. TLDR: It's a pretty solid guitar that is built well where it counts most. There's some minor finish imperfections, but aside from that, this one has been a fairly reliable and stable guitar in the 2 years I've had it.

Sound-wise, I think the main "normal" humbucker sounds are somewhat reminiscent of a filtertron combined with an overwound PAF, so very unique and might not gel with some people. I've been digging it personally and think the voicing helps make the pickups a bit more versatile, but I may do a pickup swap down the line. I REALLY did not like the phase-shifted sounds of positions 2 and 4, and the "focus" switch actually just makes things more muddy, but maybe there's other people out there that love those sounds.

As usual, Axe Fx 3 on all guitars and no post processing (even in the demo song) on the guitars aside from using limiters to get the volume up without clipping. @York Audio IRs because they always sound good.

Let me know what you think and if you're a Revstar owner as well, how do you like yours?

This guitar has a place in the back of mind and something I've always wanted to try. I love the look and your tones sound great with it. Maybe it's worth another look. :)

Quite nice guitars but the electrics suck $7 G&B pickups and low end components. I have gutted quite a few and fitted CTS,Switchcraft and customer’s choice of pickups . Huge improvement.

Back
Top Bottom