Ya know those four quick control buttons?

With my standard I rarely touched the face of the unit always the editor. I still prefer the editor but thanks to those quick controls, I’m on the unit itself allot more. At first did not know what to think of the quick controls, since they don’t lock to any particular parameters of a page, but bottom line love them and make things go much faster.
X/Y this is something for me to get a little more into myself, have not really used it.

I haven't used the four quick knobs, i don't think i'll ever use them but i am sure they are handy for other people...

The X/Y is one of the most useful options for me, i am very glad it's there...

PS: i do all the tweaking directly in the AxeFx2, i have used the editor only to save presets, update firmware etc etc...

i honestly havent either... just started using the x/y. I think it would have been more intuitive if they were under the display 1 to 1, like eleven rack. maybe some of it's coming from an ultra for so long, that i just dont think about them.

To be really useful they need to be made assignable to any 4 parameters you want on a per preset basis when you are in Recall mode.

This would be awesome. Having them assignable to things like presence/drive when in recall mode would be killer.

To be really useful they need to be made assignable to any 4 parameters you want on a per preset basis when you are in Recall mode.

agreed. I want to set one to always be the amp level control...so no matter which patch I'm in I can reach over and bump it up. I too was disapointed that these quick knobs weren't under the screen.

They control the 4 parameters adjacent/after the parameter the Value knob is controlling. If you're controlling a Graphic EQ you can tweak 5 values without having to select a new value to tweak: If you have 125hz selected, the value knob controls 125hz, A controls 250hz, B controls 500 hz, C controls 1K, D controls 2K.

If you're on the main page of an Amp block you can control Drive, Bass, Mid, Treble and Presence from the 5 knobs. Push the > button and your controlling Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence and Depth.

Having 5 knobs to adjust a group of parameters greatly enhances the editing experience for me - I now use both AxeEdit and the front panel, but the Value and 4 Control knobs are now my favorite way of adjusting parameters.

Last edited:
To be clear...I am sure they are great and very useful to many, I just haven't switched my brain over from the old way yet.

I use XY on every preset-basically like channel switching.
But the 4 knobs I have never touched.
Question: Can you assign them globally? IOW, A would always control the level of the preset, B the bass, c the mid and d the treble, just as an example. Can you do that?

Back
Top Bottom