Y-cable to FX3

walnutzz

Inspired
I purchased a Y-cable to split the magnetic and Piezo pickups from my Majesty to the FX3. To start, I'm using the @Cooper Carter 2023 Petrucci Rig, which has inputs 1 & 3 mapped for this purpose. I have the magnetic pickup plugged into input 1 and the Piezo into input 3 right (tried left also). Am I overlooking something obvious, or is there just no way to have both in stereo when using a Y-cable? As is, magnetic is stereo but Piezo is right or left only. Thanks.

1. Is it an actual stereo jack, to two mono plugs y-cable? With one mono plug connected to the 'ring', and the other connected to the 'tip'?
  2. Have you tried swapping the two mono jacks to a known working input to see if they both are working as expected?
  3. Do you have the switches on the guitar set correctly for this dual output scenario?
  4. Are you seeing input activity on the front panel Input 1 and Input 3 LEDs?

1. Is it an actual stereo jack, to two mono plugs y-cable? With one mono plug connected to the 'ring', and the other connected to the 'tip'?
  2. Have you tried swapping the two mono jacks to a known working input to see if they both are working as expected?
  3. Do you have the switches on the guitar set correctly for this dual output scenario?
  4. Are you seeing input activity on the front panel Input 1 and Input 3 LEDs?

Thanks for the quick response.
1. Yes, and they are labeled ring and tip (https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...arker20-magnetic-piezo-guitar-y-cable-20-foot)
2. No, but I will try that tomorrow. Until now, I've never used anything but the front instrument input.
3. Yes, I there is a button to switch the guitar output from mono to stereo.
4. Yes, activity on both.

Hmmm. Sounds like it is working up to the Fractal inputs. The next step I would do is look at the preset grid to see if everything looked in order, Then at the Meters page for the grid, on the front panel to see which block is not passing audio to it's output.

Set Input 3 to Left Only or Right Only mode in the I/O menu to match whichever channel you're using. That will make it duplicate that channel to both input channels in the IN 3 block on the grid.

Thank you both. Changing Input 3 mode to right only solved the problem. Much appreciated. Now I just need to find some cool stuff to do when splitting the pups 😀

Back
Top Bottom