Wish XY...and Z, and why scenes aren't working for me

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
I'm trying really hard to make one preset work for a song or group of similar songs. Then using scenes for different patches, at least that seems to be the prevailing intent. For me it's just not working because of the following.

For most songs I need three types of tone. Clean, rhythm, and lead. It would be very helpful to have 3 different states for each effect block to go with these three patches, hence XY&Z. This coupled with EQ blocks would go a long way. Currently there is no way to have different eq settings for three different sounds using scenes. Even if this meant you could only have a single instance of a block I think it would be better becaus it would save grid space. And maybe even save cpu? A single XY&Z block is less cpu than 2 XY blocks? Maybe it would be cool to be able to specify whether it's an X, XY, or XYZ depending on your needs to help control how much cpu is taken up?

Second reason scenes are not working for me is the expression pedal PC reset. This does not reset when changing scenes. I'm using an exp pedal to control the amount of delay in a lead patch. When I finish the lead I max out the pedal for a big spillover and scene back to rhythm. Next time I go to lead my level has to be approximated on the exp pedal because PC reset only works between presets.

after XYZ is made, someone will want WXYZ - 4 states per block :) it's never ending.

we have X/Y. could you possibly make your amp with no drive block be Clean, then Drive1 X be Rhythm and Drive2 Y be Lead? or something similar?

or you could use both Drive blocks and divide the different tones among Drive1 XY and Drive 2 XY - that's 4 different sounds available with the Drive blocks alone, all accessible via Scenes.

of course, you can always use different presets.

Set up scene #4? with a higher 'input gain' level in the delay block using a 'scene controller'. Switch to scene #4 near the end of the solo, then switch to #1 or #2. As long as your delay block bypass state is set to 'mute fx in' if works like a charm.

Currently there is no way to have different eq settings for three different sounds using scenes

Just use multiple PEQ or GEQ blocks and engage/bypass these per scene.
They take up very little CPU power.

Adding Z to XY would make MIDI control much more difficult.
Because a simple single MIDI CC to switch wouldn't suffice.

Just use multiple PEQ or GEQ blocks and engage/bypass these per scene.
They take up very little CPU power.

Adding Z to XY would make MIDI control much more difficult.
Because a simple single MIDI CC to switch wouldn't suffice.

Good point on the midi control.
Well at least XY on the eq would help a lot.

XL, XL+ and FX8 feature X/Y-switching in PEQ and GEQ.

The FX8 does NOT feature XY in the EQ blocks. I asked tech support thinking maybe it was a bug and they confirmed that it is not included for the FX8. I hope this gets updated soon.

Back
Top Bottom