Bug? Write Cabs to user slots not working

Nado

I was trying to remove all user cabs on my FM3 using the Cab manager in FM3 Edit, but they kept returning. Then I noticed it wasn't saving properly. So I tried adding one of Leon Todds IRs, it seems to go over but the slot doesn't turn green, then says I have unsaved changes. SO...I tried sending the Cab IR via Fractal-Bot - it failed as well. All other USB functions work fine, audio, FM3 Edit etc. Fractal-Bot can even connect to the device fine. It's like the user cab slots have become read only.
Any suggestions before I raise a support ticket? See screenshots.
*FW v3.02
Cheers, Nado.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 9.54.42 am.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 9.54.42 am.png
    216.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 9.58.25 am.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 9.58.25 am.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Just noticed this same thing happening to me on AF3. I’m trying to save a tonematch to a user cab slot. Dialog says that export is successful, but when checking the designated user cab slot the tonematch IR is not there.

Another thing - using FM3 edit the cab IR appears to be there when I go to select it but there is no sound, it's like it's saved the name to the slot but not the whole file. Weird.

Try using the tool Manage Cabs in FM3-Edit instead.

Refresh cabs just shows whats actually saved. I updated to 3.03. Trying to load some York Deluxe IRs to user slots. Have to do it one at a time. It doesn't save first go. Sometimes hitting save/ok a second time works (saves correctly and goes green), sometimes I have to do this a few times until it saves and goes green. They work fine once they eventually save. FM3 edit freezes and has to be force quit if I try to do too many at once. Something isn't right. Using Manage Cabs tool, the latest FM3 version. Everything else seems to work fine.

No one else is getting the issue where the IR saves (after several attempts) but sometimes has a volume spike of massive increase when you flip to that IR? Re-saving again finally fixes the problem but man when it happens, watch out for your ears and monitors/headphones!

Back
Top Bottom