Would like to use Orange Cab with Fractal and Micro Terror amp ..?

BRC

I have my Fractal going thru an Orange 2x12 cab...I would like to also have my Micro Terror as well...They would NEVER be powered on at the same time, just simply one or the other...Would a simple Y-Plug exiting the cab be sufficient...??

The problem with a Y cable it will send power upstream to the other amp with the potential for damage even if it is off. Not recommending it but if you're careful you could do that with a simple A/B style type of switcher and it would have to be suitable for running power through it. Either way I would make sure which ever device is not being used is isolated while the other is on.

The problem with a Y cable it will send power upstream to the other amp with the potential for damage even if it is off. Not recommending it but if you're careful you could do that with a simple A/B style type of switcher and it would have to be suitable for running power through it. Either way I would make sure which ever device is not being used is isolated while the other is on.

I gave up on the idea....Its safer and cheaper to plug it and unplug it as I need..Thanks for the reply....

Back
Top Bottom