Would like to be use RJM GT22 and FC12 both and independently, sources menu

leemhouk

Inspired
I have 2 AxeFxIII rigs, one for gigs and the other stays at home for practice, recording and preset building. My live rig uses the RJM GT22 and 4 controller pedals.
My home studio uses the FC12 and 3 controller pedals. (pedal 4 is moot to my questions).

I have had the GT22 and the FC12 connected to the AxeFxIII at the same time, works great. Either controller will take over the previous controllers last change.
In editor I would have the GT22 pedal (eg External 2) set as source one and the FC12 pedal (eg PD 1 Pedal 2) set as source 2. Not really sure what to do with the operation selection.

When I disconnect the FC12, the GT22 controller pedals don't work and I have to assign them again, and set source 2 as none.

If possible, my goal is to be able to use either or both GT and FC at the same time or individually, depending on what event I have to play.

Can this be done?

Attachments

• Screenshot Multi Controller question.png
    Screenshot Multi Controller question.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 8
Seems like it should work the way you have it set up. It's odd that the GT22 pedals stop working when you unplug the FC-12. I wouldn't think it would affect it. Maybe try assigning Source 2 as External controllers as well and then assigning those External controllers to the FC's pedals in the MIDI/Remote instead. If you keep scrolling past the MIDI CC#'s you'll see all the various pedal options for each External Controller there too. Perhaps the modifiers don't like having the source directly assigned to the FC's pedals when it's not plugged in. The External controllers have a definable default value for when the assigned controller is not present. There's 16 External Controllers, so you should have enough for both device's pedals.

The Operation setting controls how the two sources interact. Src1 + Src2 adds their values. Src1 - Src2 subtracts their values. Src1 * Src2 multiplies their value. It helps to think of each pedal's position as a percentage (0% = heel down, 100% = toe down). The add operation works well if you leave your pedals at heel down by default. The subtract operation works well if you leave your pedals at toe down by default.

Back
Top Bottom