Would I be able to use the AX8 like this....

So, was wondering if I have a 2-channel amp (Mesa Mark V:25) and I want to use the Crunch on Channel 1 of my Mark as my main rhythm tone and IIC+ as my lead on Channel 2, is there a way to connect the AX8 and have it be my crystal clear clean tone? So essentially taking a two channel amp and adding a third channel (in this case clean) via the AX8. Is this possible? If so, how would I set it up?

And, I think the answer is 'no' but can the AX8 do channel switching like the relays on the FX8?

You could do it using scenes by sending signal to two outputs - 1 direct output for the clean with the amp model, and one output to the amp from a signal split from the path before the amp model comes into play. The scene would be set to mute one of the two outputs essentially. Complicated, but possible.

It is a no on the relay switching. That's an FX8 only thing. If you want to switch amp channels, you'll have to use an independent switch. That or you might be able to use a midi controlled relay switched to integrate it with the AX8. Not sure what the AX8's midi capability will be though, so I can't say for sure.

Put the preamp of mesa into the loop of axefx. Bypass the loop and add your preferred clean amp block.

Put the preamp of mesa into the loop of axefx. Bypass the loop and add your preferred clean amp block.

Nice! Now the question is, if I were to switch to my lead channel and wanted delay from the AX8 in the loop of the amp, is that still possible or no because I'm using connections needed for that with my preamp bypass you mentioned?

Nice! Now the question is, if I were to switch to my lead channel and wanted delay from the AX8 in the loop of the amp, is that still possible or no because I'm using connections needed for that with my preamp bypass you mentioned?

It's a great idea! Post-amp delay is possible - just drop it in after the amp model and FX loop block. Really the only difference between this and traditional 4CM is the presence of an additional block in the FX loop.

Back
Top Bottom