Wolf Pack: Some funky tones for your Stratocaster

iaresee

Administrator
I was smitten with Cory Wong's tones from Vulfpeck in a series of videos he did for reverb.com so I set out to get something similar for my Stratocaster from my AX8 rig.

Behold: WOLF PACK!

The preset is based around an always-on compressor that uses my Ross settings but has the mix dialed way back to 30%. That feeds a Deluxe Reverb Normal channel a customer IR mix that uses the 57 and 57 B IRs from the Universal Noise Storage cab pack:

Screen_Shot_2018-01-07_at_4_23_44_PM.png

I saved the preset with the factory Deluxe Reverb Mix IR which is passable, but missing some of the spanky that the IR mix above has. A 57 really just captures the brightness so well.

The preset is dialed in for positions 4 (neck + middle) and 5 (neck) on a Stratocaster. Any other positions are likely to lead to heartache, disappoint and a clearing of the dance floor.

The X side of the drive block gives you some boost and some grit on the tone. The Y side of the drive block gives you a Ge-fueled Pi fuzz that will slice heads if you're not careful.

There's an always-on reverb that adds a touch of ambience to every thing on the X side. I like this small room sound when I'm playing through my M.Britt cabinet. Makes everything feel a little nicer. The Y side of the reverb block is spacey echo for...well...who knows? You'll figure it out.

An assortment of time series effects to keep it interesting fills out the rest of the preset. The Phaser and Chorus both have their rates locked to the tempo so you can speed them up and down by tap tap tapping your toe.

Pedal 1 is assigned to control the wah. Pedal 2 does...things...to the delay block. Press it and find out what!

Enjoy.

hey Ian!
this is cory wong. funny to see this here. right on man! i've been trying to recreate my rig on the AX8.
thanks for giving me a good place to start hah!

I was smitten with Cory Wong's tones from Vulfpeck in a series of videos he did for reverb.com so I set out to get something similar for my Stratocaster from my AX8 rig.

Behold: WOLF PACK!

The preset is based around an always-on compressor that uses my Ross settings but has the mix dialed way back to 30%. That feeds a Deluxe Reverb Normal channel a customer IR mix that uses the 57 and 57 B IRs from the Universal Noise Storage cab pack:

View attachment 43706

I saved the preset with the factory Deluxe Reverb Mix IR which is passable, but missing some of the spanky that the IR mix above has. A 57 really just captures the brightness so well.

The preset is dialed in for positions 4 (neck + middle) and 5 (neck) on a Stratocaster. Any other positions are likely to lead to heartache, disappoint and a clearing of the dance floor.

The X side of the drive block gives you some boost and some grit on the tone. The Y side of the drive block gives you a Ge-fueled Pi fuzz that will slice heads if you're not careful.

There's an always-on reverb that adds a touch of ambience to every thing on the X side. I like this small room sound when I'm playing through my M.Britt cabinet. Makes everything feel a little nicer. The Y side of the reverb block is spacey echo for...well...who knows? You'll figure it out.

An assortment of time series effects to keep it interesting fills out the rest of the preset. The Phaser and Chorus both have their rates locked to the tempo so you can speed them up and down by tap tap tapping your toe.

Pedal 1 is assigned to control the wah. Pedal 2 does...things...to the delay block. Press it and find out what!

Enjoy.

For some reason when i load the preset on to my AX8 I only get feedback and a sinustone, would you mind helping me out?
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Downloaded the latest software and now it works better, however I noticed that I sometimes get a feedback loop even now.
It works perfect if I remove the delay entirely. Great preset, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom