Wish: SPDIF In and SPDIF Out block

I don't understand why you can't do this today? Unless you want to use digital alongside all the analog IO at the same time?

You can set the FM9 IN2/OUT2 to digital, set the digital IO to SPDIF, word clock to external, and bob's your uncle.

I haven't tried this yet, but I have my AxeFX III set up this way with my interface and it works perfectly.

I don't get any signal into the Axe-Fx III unless it is set to have the external clock on S/PDIF in. The same is true for the FM9. What that means is that both devices would be expecting to see an external clock signal at their respecitve S/PDIF inputs but neither would be supplying said clock signal. If there is a solution to this I am interested.

I don't get any signal into the Axe-Fx III unless it is set to have the external clock on S/PDIF in. The same is true for the FM9. What that means is that both devices would be expecting to see an external clock signal at their respecitve S/PDIF inputs but neither would be supplying said clock signal. If there is a solution to this I am interested.
Interesting. Maybe I'll pull the Axe from the rack and play around with the connections. I've been able to get input and output on the AxeFX using both my interface and my AxeFX as the clock master*, but I haven't explicitly tried hooking the FM9 up to it yet.

(*to clarify, not at the same time. I'm able to get full I/O with either one as the master)

Back
Top Bottom