Wish More FAS Amps

Death metal guide.

Death = 8100
Suffocation Effigy of the forgotten = Korg unit.
Zoom? I dunno haha. I know a guy on YouTube who uses a zoom unit, Danny Cynic is his name, always thought his tones sounded good for that.
Digitech = Deeds of Flesh.
Boss = Bolt Thrower.
I got you on Zoom!

Defeated Sanity used the Zoom Tri Metal distortion pedal for Psalms of the Moribund, into an old Marshall head and cab. Sort of a high end offering from Zoom which didn’t last because of the higher price point. Definitely gotta get my hands on one (Zoom TM-01 is the model)!

I got you on Zoom!

Defeated Sanity used the Zoom Tri Metal distortion pedal for Psalms of the Moribund, into an old Marshall head and cab. Sort of a high end offering from Zoom which didn’t last because of the higher price point. Definitely gotta get my hands on one (Zoom TM-01 is the model)!
Yes I remember this now.

I seem to remember Cliff saying that FAS Lead 1 and 2 are exactly this.
I'll have to give FAS Lead 1 a go and see. Looks like FAS Lead 2 is more of a Marshall/CAE vibe.

From Yek's Guide to the Fractal Amp Models:
FAS Lead 1
A neutral high gain lead tone with a tight midrange.
FAS Lead 2
A hot-rodded British lead sound with a tonestack by Custom Audio Electronics.

Same here,
I gravitate a lot around FAS hot rod, modern III and skull crusher. Creating new amp architectures would be very interesting

More FAS models both based on already existing circuits that have been "fixed", as well as completely new amps that are just Fractal. There are several. FAS amps that I use regularly for clients on their albums (the Modern III comes up often as the Mesa tone is frequently requested, and the FAS version slays) !

I decided to make a new post out of this, since the topic has potential to veer off a little bit and I did not wish to clutter the main Wishlist thread.
Cygnus is a leap forward in realism for the existing amp models, and associated with that are the sometimes less desirable traits attributed to
traditional tube amps. So with that in mind, I would love to see the more popular existing amp models that have not already been idealized as
FAS versions to be given that treatment. It also has the potential to satisfy those that want to keep up with the firmware upgrades but enjoy the
polish of Ares. I really enjoy the FAS versions of the Plexi and 800 in particular, and instead of endlessly tweaking on the "regular" amp models,
I find that the idealized versions can much faster to get the result I want because they don't have those quirks. However, with other amp models,
I do like the quirks and find them inspiration and make me play differently as a result. So I think that this may be a way to satisfy that, and I don't
think it's presumptuous to think that others may enjoy it as well.
+1

Back
Top Bottom