Wish Add FC switch function: "reload current preset"

Paulinfl

Inspired
My wish is for an added function to a FC foot-switch that would reload, revert, or reset the current preset to its default state. I'd love this for switch "hold" events. Yes I know you can do this by using the FC "select preset" function and explicitly defining the preset number. However, I'd love an option where the preset number to select for this was"current". Then when organizing or moving preset storage locations, this function would not break.

I use a combination of scenes and stomp boxes on my custom layouts, with scene revert off intentionally so I can sculpt my scenes on the fly for the given situation. Many times I want to revert my preset to refresh it and I do this with a explicit "load preset #" with a hold, which works now, but I'd like to have many presets with this same pattern but perhaps with different amp/cab combos and copying and storing the presets or moving them breaks the function I need easily, so my wish was born! To me it seems like a simple request that may be usable for other situations as well.

Thanks for any consideration.

I like this idea too. In the meantime, not exactly what you're asking for, but you can just hit your switch for the Presets menu and re-select the same preset. This way you don't have to define the preset # so you eliminate the issue you mentioned of moving your presets around. The menu should open in the same bank you're already in, so you're just two clicks to get what you want.

I do use Scene Revert, so I just have to hit my Scene 1 switch and I'm back to the original state.

Are you meaning the Preset layout or are you referring to the Axe-Edit menu?
He means the built-in presets layout menu, I think. I've completely over written all the layouts for my own workflow. I don't do much preset switching, so the builtin preset layout menu is gone, but I do have a similar multipurpose layout that could do that I suppose. Still not the same as the wish..

My layouts are sort of like so: HOME , HOME EXT, LOOPER, PRESET/SCENE(multi purp layout), AMP SEL (amp1/2 & chan selector), DRV SEL (drv 1/2 & chan selector), and MasterLayout points back home easy but also has the Tuner and Tap right there. I live on HOME which has 8 scenes on 4 switches and rest effects I like. A single tap gets me to MastrLayout to go wherever , tune , or tap. Single tap same spot back HOME. HOME EXT has all the less reached for switches I need (more effects). I basically live on one preset, with huge tonal/effect ranges,. but easy performance use for bread and butter stuff. Can't believe how powerfully flexible it all is. I take this preset and use as global template for all the AMPS I love. Now if I could just reload the preset with a quick hold and not have to update that every time I copy or move the preset... :)

Edit: Replied too late..

Last edited:
Man, I was about to request this feature myself!

Yes I know you can do this by using the FC "select preset" function and explicitly defining the preset number.

you can just hit your switch for the Presets menu and re-select the same preset

Selecting the preset you're on does not actually reload it from its saved state. It will not bring you back to the saved beginning scene nor will it revert any block to its beginning channel. The only way to reload a preset from the FC6 or FC12 is to select another preset then reselect the preset you wanted to reload. I so often have to go through this preset selection dance for a true reload, so for this reason, a big +1 from me!

Selecting the current preset again reloads it for me. Make sure you have Ignore Redundant PC turned OFF in the MIDI/Remote menu.

Selecting the current preset again reloads it for me. Make sure you have Ignore Redundant PC turned OFF in the MIDI/Remote menu.

So if your saved preset is at scene 1, you select scene 3, then select the current preset from an FC6 or FC12, you get back to scene 1? It is not doing that for me.

And to be clear, Ignore Redundant PC should control what an FC6 or FC12 footswitch does? I really thought that was for MIDI PC messages only. Sorry to reply to you in three posts, but I keep thinking of what I left out haha.

Yes. If I use my Preset select in bank switch to reselect the current preset, it reverts back to its saved state. I mostly use a modified version of the Factory Layout #7 (Perform 1) that has 4 preset and 4 scene switches.

Last edited:
Do you have 2nd Press set on the preset switch? It should reload the preset on its default scene.

No, I don't! But....

Yes. If I use my select in bank switch to reselect the current preset, it reverts back to its saved state.

Ah, now I see! I was using the Preset, Select by # switch setting. I never even thought to use a Bank setting for this! Weird way to do it, but that works! Thanks, @mr_fender, @Greg Ferguson, and @unix-guy!

I've been working with this setup for a few years, and I didn't think of this, so I do think having a Reload Current Preset option under the Preset menu would be more intuitive!

No, I don't! But....

Ah, now I see! I was using the Preset, Select by # switch setting. I never even thought to use a Bank setting for this! Weird way to do it, but that works! Thanks, @mr_fender, @Greg Ferguson, and @unix-guy!

I've been working with this setup for a few years, and I didn't think of this, so I do think having a Reload Current Preset option under the Preset menu would be more intuitive!
Well, Select in Bank is still a Preset function, not a Bank function...

Back
Top Bottom