Wish Add FC switch function: "reload current preset"

It's not in the Bank functions. It's a Preset select funtion.

View attachment 139918

It's NOT a Bank function. It's a Preset function in the Presets menu.

See page 5 of the Footswitch Functions Guide ;)

Thanks guys. I just tried that instead, but it still does not reload the preset. Setting it under the Bank menu did it, but not this. I'll create a new preset from scratch to try this out, because maybe this preset is corrupted...

If I turn Ignore Redundant PC ON and turn Scene Revert OFF, then it will change back to the default scene of the current preset, but will not reload the saved preset state (block changes are still in effect).

If I turn Ignore Redundant PC OFF, it reloads the preset back to its saved state.

If I turn Ignore Redundant PC ON and turn Scene Revert OFF, then it will change back to the default scene of the current preset, but will not reload the saved preset state (block changes are still in effect).

If I turn Ignore Redundant PC OFF, it reloads the preset back to its saved state.

Okay, I just tried that with a brand new preset with just an amp block, and it's still not reloading the current preset. Maybe I need to do a system reset. I have Ignore Redundant PC OFF.

Maybe try turning it ON, rebooting and then turning it back OFF.

For reference, I'm on a Mk 1 III running 25.01 with a Mk 1 FC-12 running FW 1.12. I'll update to 25.02 and test again.

Okay, it was my system. I did a full backup then reset my system parameters; I also reset my FC12 to factory. That did it. Weird.

I have not used the Song / Setlist feature, but maybe that would be better. I have a couple of presets for songs that have a ton of harmony changes, but I've managed to keep them to one preset per song. Those presets are insane and confusing as hell though, with a ton of Layout Links and the like. When programming those presets on previous firmware versions I've had other system problems (though I can't recall exactly what they were). So maybe if I just simplifiy things and switch to the Song/Setlist feature, everything will work as intended. Thanks again!

Oh, and just to emphasize how screwed up my system had become, the Preset Select by # option had not been working to reload the current preset either. After resetting the system, that now reloads presets just fine. Man, I wonder what the hell I did to screw it up in the first place haha!

In brainstorming a different issue, I came up with a work around method to reload the current preset with a single switch press. If you connect your MIDI Out port to your MIDI In port, you can use a momentary Control Switch and CS MIDI to send CC# messages to trigger a sequential Preset Increment and then Preset Decrement. That will effectively reload the current preset and revert it back to its saved state. You'll need to define the CC#'s for Preset Inc and Dec in the MIDI/Remote menu and then send On values of 127 for both to trigger them via CS MIDI. Since preset increment and decrement are relative, it's not tied to any single preset and works for any current preset.

Preset Select in Bank or Select by # can both reload the current preset if you've got Ignore Redundant PC turned off, but if you're in a different layout without those, you could use the CS MIDI trick or even set up a stand in switch to activate it and have a dedicated "Preset Reset" button on your board.

For reloading the current preset: Like many folks I think, the switches on my presets layout also load my scenes layout, so that's usually where I am when I've modified a preset I want to reload. That has a switch to go to my presets layout, so I just hit that, then the lit up switch for the current preset.

No it's not one button push away, it's two, not a big deal to me. It's also not something I need that often, except when I've been editing and don't like where I've ended up, in which case I'm not in a super hurry and two stomps is ok, or the AxeEdit key combo for Revert.

Done. Thanks! Missed all this yesterday... I hope to see it come to fruition.

Hey Man, Thank You again for making the wish so long ago and for altering the title now! I think if you add a prefix this way though, it might flag it automatically for whoever is keeping track of this:

Prefix.jpg

Either way, I found my system was acting wacky and the solution was just a footswitch press anyway, as long as my system is working correctly haha. My preferred method in the meantime is just to assign the top left switch to the Preset Select function to select the preset number I'm on already. That's the most straightforward one to program for me in the meantime.

Back
Top Bottom