Wireless IEM systems - which one to buy / avoid ?

Does anyone know if the Mipro MI-909 is still in production? I can't seem to find a retailer in the USA that has them in stock. Even the MiPro website shows the MI-909 as out of stock. I didn't see a notice that it was out of production though.
Check with Mike Volkerding at Freq City Sound if you haven’t already. He sold me mine awhile ago. Cool guy and very helpful

Edit: Send me a PM and I can provide his email.

Last edited:
I'm guessing there was an issue with your Senn G3. I've run the EW100 G3 for years and have tested one earbud at a time in an attempt to track down Mixer issues and it always has the true stereo separation. I'd love to hear one of these Vocopro units as the Senn was the best quality sound of any unit I've ever tried.
I ended up getting a sennheiser g4 on a whim, as it had a lot more channels and scanning ability. The vocopro worked great, and sounded great. I just needed some more features that it had. The stereo separation I haven't tested yet, but it sounds better than the g3 I remember.

Check with Mike Volkerding at Freq City Sound if you haven’t already. He sold me mine awhile ago. Cool guy and very helpful

I hope he enjoys the uptick in spam he's going to get now the you posted his email address for all the web scrapers to collect :)

Last edited:
2.4GHz Xvive here for IEM's, cheap with perfect performance years in, assuming you're careful with channel selection.

We run our mixer and the guitar at 5GHz, everything else is at 2.4GHz, with another guitar option in UHF which hasn't been needed so far.

We have three 2.4GHz Xvive systems working simultaneously (two IEM's and a Mic), with no problems years in.

Been using the Phenyx Pro ptm-10 for almost a year. True stereo, 900mhz band. We use 4 of them in our rehearsal space. Other than picking up some noise from the lights and the body pack being less than robust, they've performed flawlessly and with the KZ AS10 buds they sound better than our PA.

Back
Top Bottom