Will 2 X FC-6 function same as FC-12

dschaaf

Experienced
Hi, I have read some of the threads on using 2 FC'6's as opposed to 1 FC12 but I am just wanting to confirm something first. I sold off an FC12 that I previously had thinking that I would only need my FC6 but am finding that I would like all the extra functionality of the FC12 again.

My question is do I sell my FC6 and re-buy an FC12, or should I pair 2 FC6's together? My real question is if I use the two FC6's can I have them function exactly as if it was an FC12 connected or do I have to define all the parameters for the second FC6?

I do realize that the second one will need its own power source.

Thanks,D

Yes, and no. I ran that config for a while with my old Axe FX III.

It's better than an FC-12 for a few reasons:
1. you can to put the control pedals in the center, where they belong
2. you get twice as many control pedals
3. you get twice as many external switches available for stand-in switch use
4. you get twice as many switches, due to Views making switches 7-12 in the Layouts available

20200909_225241.jpg

4. you get twice as many switches, due to Views making switches 7-12 in the Layouts available

20200909_225241.jpg
Awesome, thanks very much! Looks great!

20200909_225241.jpg
5. You can switch layouts on the two FCs independently. For example, one could be presets, switching to scenes when you press a preset switch, and the other could switch between multiple effects layouts, with neither one affecting the other.
Flip side is that they don't switch together, so getting to "home" on both needs two presses, probably.
I've never actually done this (FC12 here), but it sounds cool, of a bit fiddly.

5. You can switch layouts on the two FCs independently. For example, one could be presets, switching to scenes when you press a preset switch, and the other could switch between multiple effects layouts, with neither one affecting the other.
Flip side is that they don't switch together, so getting to "home" on both needs two presses, probably.
I've never actually done this (FC12 here), but it sounds cool, of a bit fiddly.
I kept my effects/ppo layout on one, and the other switched between presets and my two scenes layouts (1-4 & 5-8). Still doing more or less the same thing with FM9 and FC6. Them not switching together was a feature, not a bug....
main-qimg-775b06d27ca73e8d2f41d2db87bc45b5-lq

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom