Why did Atomic amps discontinue the 50/50 power amp?

Hi guys, I have been using a used rack mount Atomic power amp lately into a 2x12 Mesa Recto Cabinet and I'm really pleased with the results. GREAT sounding rig. I don't want to go into a discussion comparing pro and cons to solid state or other power amps but simply ask if anyone knows a reason why Atomic does not build these anymore? I really think it's a great way to use the axe and have it going into a very "clean" uncolored tube power amp and a speaker. Doesn't seem to be a similar product out there? The Atomic 50/50 makes even more sense to me after reading Cliff's notes on why tubes don't have a sound but how they "move" the speaker in a real cab makes all the difference...

No idea why. Perhaps all resources went into the FRFR cabs?

The Fryette LXII amp which finally made it to NAMM after a long wait looks like the next contender when in full production ..... pricey though

I had read they were testing a 1u 10pound 250 watt new power amp .Not sure when avail but it was being made to mate with amplifire

The Reactor 50/50 is a very close relative to Atomic's MB-50 (mono block) power amp that has been in production for the last 2 years.The amps are made in China in the same factory that has been doing Atomic's stuff for the past 3 years. I have been personally going over there to oversee production and the QC is top notch.

Is the Mb50 still avail though I have not seen on the site .also can you comment on a new lightweight Atomic 250 in the works??

Back
Top Bottom