Why can only some blocks change between scenes? And how to maintain amp

Lopp

Inspired
I never realized you can change amps in a single block between scenes. Pretty cool.

However, it seems you are stuck with the same reverb in a single block.

For example, I can have one scene with a JCM 800 in a given block and then have a JC 120 in the same block in a difference scene. However, if I try to change the reverb block from medium room to London plate, it changes it to London plate for every scene.

Am I missing something or does having different reverb types for different scenes require multiple reverb blocks?

I never realized you can change amps in a single block between scenes. Pretty cool.

For example, I can have one scene with a JCM 800 in a given block and then have a JC 120 in the same block in a difference scene. However, if I try to change the reverb block from medium room to London plate, it changes it to London plate for every scene.

Am I missing something or does having different reverb types for different scenes require multiple reverb blocks?
Possibly you have Scene Ignore set to On for Reverb.

Every block can be on any channel on any scene(s).

Edit:

I just realized you're probably not aware of Channels. Each block has 4 channels. If you want to use a different type of the same block in another scene, use a different channel of the block as @mr_fender says.

Go to the scene you want the reverb to be different first.

Change the reverb channel just like you are with the amp.

Adjust that new channel in that new scene.

All blocks with channels can change with scenes. You need to change the channel first in the new scene.

Thanks @unix-guy and @chris !

I wasn't familiar with channels and didn't realize it was changing for each scene while the reverb stayed the same. I thought I was using an empty preset, but it may have already been set for different amp channels and the same reverb channel in the different scenes.

Also, I assume this means you have a maximum of eight amps in a single scene preset (4 channels x 2 amp blocks).

EDIT: Eight amps in a single preset. Revised thanks to @unix-guy for catching my typo.

Last edited:
Also, I assume this means you have a maximum of eight amps in a single scene (4 channels x 2 amp blocks).
Unless you assign switches to change channels, you're limited to 2 amps in a single scene... But 8 total within a preset.

Unless you assign switches to change channels, you're limited to 2 amps in a single scene... But 8 total within a preset.
Yeah. That's was I was thinking, but am apparently having troubles with my typing and/or lexicon. ;)
Thanks for catching it.

Back
Top Bottom