Why am I not getting any output signal through Output 3?

Hello. I'm trying to run audio from the band through Input 3, blend it with my guitar, and output it through output 3 into a limiter (Tasty Blender) and then to my IEMs. I definitely have input -- I can see the LEDs bouncing on Input 3 on the device. I've checked all my connections for the output. The limiter is turned up. I have an output block controlled by a pedal. But, I disconnected it and still have no output. Maybe there's something obvious I'm missing? Thanks. See preset and screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Input_3_Problem.png
    Input_3_Problem.png
    820.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Input_3_Problem.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
Assuming the meter in the out 3 block shows activity, the most common explanation is the level knob on the device is turned down.

No, there's no activity in the meters of the Output Block. But I have signal at Input 3, according to the LEDs on the Unit -- tickling the red light. And the input 3 block is directly connected to the Ouput 3 block. So, it seems strange.

Okay, maybe I don't have input? Please see this input block image. But, the LEDs are lighting up for Input 3 on the top of the unit.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-19 at 9.52.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-19 at 9.52.39 AM.png
    809.7 KB · Views: 18
No, there's no activity in the meters of the Output Block. But I have signal at Input 3, according to the LEDs on the Unit -- tickling the red light. And the input 3 block is directly connected to the Ouput 3 block. So, it seems strange.
? The input 3 block in your screenshot is not directly connected to the out 3 block. It goes through a vol/pan block that has the volume turned all the way down.

When I took the screenshot the volume pedal may have been down, but I've tried it with the volume pedal on 10 and even removed the volume block. Still no sound.

Try turning off the noise gate. There are very few possible explanations for what you describing, so check the layout screen meters to find where the problem lies.

I am getting signal from the guitar path to Output 3 block. Vol/Pan 2 (the playback volume) was set to '0'. If I turn it up, I get signal at Output 3 meters, from my phone connected to Input 3. I need to turn the Output 3 'Level' parameter to 20 dB to match the Output 1 levels (normal for output 3)

Do you have output 3 setup correctly in your I/O menu?
Output 3 no sound.png

Last edited:
I think I have it set up correctly (see screenshot). I am able to hear audio when I set it to +20db. I didn't realize there would be that much difference. I'm having trouble getting the right balance between the band and my guitar. But, I see that it was a level problem. When I blend the band audio coming through Input 3 to the guitar coming from Input 1 and then peeling off into Input 3 at the end of the chain, I have trouble balancing the two. But, I'll keep trying. Are there any settings I'm neglecting? Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Set-up_Screen.png
    Set-up_Screen.png
    815.9 KB · Views: 4
I think I have it set up correctly (see screenshot). I am able to hear audio when I set it to +20db. I didn't realize there would be that much difference. I'm having trouble getting the right balance between the band and my guitar. But, I see that it was a level problem. When I blend the band audio coming through Input 3 to the guitar coming from Input 1 and then peeling off into Input 3 at the end of the chain, I have trouble balancing the two. But, I'll keep trying. Are there any settings I'm neglecting? Thanks for your help!

I'm not sure what you're asking. I thought the problem was lack of signal at the out 3 block. But if you're instead just trying to balance the levels between an out 1 block and an out 3 block, you'll need to turn the out 3 block up 18 dB (not 20 dB).

Thanks. I have signal it was just so low, I couldn't hear it. Actually, for Output 3 I had Sum L+R. When I changed it to Stereo, I got tons of volume. Maybe there was phase cancelling going on?

Hello. Thanks for your feedback. I changed the Output 3 block to Stereo and have lots of volume. But, I'm trying to understand something. If I bypass the Enhancer block (or remove it and rewire) before Output 3, I seem to have no straight guitar volume -- only a little tiny reverb of the guitar. Connected to Output 3 are two (L and R) TS 1/4" phone jacks going to one TRS jack (A "Y" cable") and it's plugged into a stereo jack on my "Tasty Blender" mixer, which is set to stereo. Why do I lose all the sound when I don't have the Enhance block there? It doesn't matter whether I bypass the Enhance block or remove it completely. The results are the same. Please see attached. Thanks.

Attachments

• Enhancer_Issue.png
    Enhancer_Issue.png
    781.6 KB · Views: 1
  • New_IEM_Set-up.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom