Who makes pickups with brushed black chrome/nickel covers and gold pole pieces?

I have a Kiesel guitar that calls for this aesthetic, I don't think they have a pickup like what I'm looking for, but I don't know of anyone else providing this combo (I asked Seymour Duncan, Dimarzio, and BK, they don't do it). Which pickup makers also produce it?

Last edited:
Pretty sure Bareknuckle will do whatever you want, within reason.

But it won't be cheap

•edit• I didn't see you'd already talked to BKP, my bad. That's surprising, their custom shop churns out some pretty wild stuff.

Pretty sure Bareknuckle will do whatever you want, within reason.

But it won't be cheap

•edit• I didn't see you'd already talked to BKP, my bad. That's surprising, their custom shop churns out some pretty wild stuff.
I was surprised too, this is the literal answer I received: "black chrome and black nickel plating are types of plating that are prohibited in the UK dues to the additives they use"

I would have thought Kiesel would do something like that if not you might have to do that one yourself. You can get gold pole pieces buy some brushed nickel covers and spray it with a rattle can using Dupli-color Chrome blackout You might have to solder the covers on first then do the painting but the results should look pretty good!

Kiesel does do this, but none of their pickups are medium output like I want. Also, I'm trying to do my absolute best for the environment, and I don't want fly pickups from California all the way to the northeast, I'll leave that kind of emissions for an emergency or something truly foundational to life, like family.

@Sixstring have you tried the rattle can painting thing before? How did you protect the pole pieces so that you wouldn't paint those too? Did you have troubles with the paint getting under the cover and into the pickup itself?

Relatedly, I once asked pickup manufacturers about painting the pole pieces, and was told to not do it by some, and one said to use a very light coat of non-metallic nail polish. I never did it but just putting it here in case someone finds themselves in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom