Who has a killer Fender Twin patch?

Hi FiveBy

I've been able to dial in a sound which I find pretty similar to the sound of my Fender 'The Twin' amp.

Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBzpWZVW9Oc

I found the sound so similar, I just thought I could tease some AxeFx haters in a Spanish forum with the video, you know, 'Yeah, wanted to show you my Twin amp... ohh, sounds awesome, tubes is the real thing... what? An AxeFx!!?'... I was laughing my socks off at the very thought of their astounded faces :lol: ... I just lacked the courage to finally post it there.

The patch is really simple:
Clean sound - amp block (blackface) + cab (212 black) + LG Vintage Spring reverb

Crunch sound - drive block (Blues OD) + amp block (blackface) + cab (212 black) + LG Vintage Spring reverb.

I turned up the warmth parameter in the amp block to approx. 50%. Treble is almost full up, mids 60% and bass 45%
I used a SM57 sim for the cab, turned up the air parameter to 50% and cab drive to 30%

I wasn't smart enough to save the patch, so I'm afraid I won't be able to send it to you. Sorry :oops: !

HA HA HA, that was really good. I can hear all the self-proclaimed tone gurus saying, "Ah, but I really knew all along that it wasn't an amp. Digital artifacts". :lol:

This is a hybrid of a blackface from raca's generous compilation,and tips from Andrew Simon's amp in room sound.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8463
I use this with my 50th ann.deluxe strat and 339 into verve fbt 12ma.Turned up,I think it sounds quite convincing,but,I'd like to know if it works for anyone else.
Thanks,to Raca and Andrew,again.
Gus
[attachment=0:17x93pz3]BF66 Twin+ Room based on Raca.zip[/attachment:17x93pz3]

Attachments

• BF66 Twin+ Room based on Raca.zip
    548 bytes · Views: 189
highstrung73 said:
I use this with my 50th ann.deluxe strat and 339 into verve fbt 12ma.Turned up,I think it sounds quite convincing,but,I'd like to know if it works for anyone else.
It works well with my 339 and with my Duesenberg 49er as well. I can hear the different sounds of my different guitars pickups!
Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom