Which QSC power amp series?

sgb

Hey everybody! I've got a standard that I play through 2 Dynaudio BM5a's in my bedroom. I've had a really hard time dialing in the Axe-Fx to my liking using the 2 FRFR speakers. I can get great tones out of the Axe-Fx until I start screwing with cab sims I guess. I just don't have the time or the energy to do the FRFR thing anymore. My playing is suffering BIGTIME. I haven't sat and played in months because of this. I was much happier running a poweramp into my 2 ADA 2x12's. What QSC poweramps are everyone using? I'm also considering the Rocktron Velocity 300 (I like Rocktron products but concerned about fan noise). I don't trust Carvin build quality. I'm 95% sure that I don't want to go tube. I also have 2 small children so I can't spend a fortune. ONe last thing. What kind of adapter if any do you need to use with the QSC ( or other SS poweramps) to connect guitar speaker cable? Thanks everyone!

Been doing a little more research since I got home and the RMX line is supposed to have a flat responce and low distortion. Thoughts?

The RMX series is very good but heavy so if you can deal with the weight I would highly recommend one. The monitoring system I play through use QSC RMX as well as FOH and those amps are 20+ years old and they still rock. The newer units don't have 1/4" outs so you will need Speakon to 1/4" converter.

If your running back to a guitar cab I might go the Rocktron rought, it has a few extra tone adjustments on the amp and is designed with guitar in mind wear as the QSC is a pro audio amp made for reproducing FR bandwidth. I know there are a few here on the board that really like the Rocktron through a guitar cab.

That being said the QSC is kind of over kill but does give you the option of going the other rought should you change your mind... just a thought ;)

I have an RMX1450 i run into a 400 watt Marshall cab and absolutely love it. Plenty of headroom, quiet fan, great quality. It's only 40 pounds and I have mine in a 6 space rack along with an Axe-Fx and a power conditioner and I can carry it with one hand and a guitar case in the other so I don't think weight is a big issue. (Unless you're a Petrucci fan. Then you should have your boyfriend help you with anything heavy)

Velociryan,

What do you use to connect the QSC to guitar speaker cable? A Petrucci homo joke?? I know he pumps the weights pretty hard but I never thought of him as a homo! I just want to know who the damn new drummer is!!!

Velociryan,

What do you use to connect the QSC to guitar speaker cable? A Petrucci homo joke?? I know he pumps the weights pretty hard but I never thought of him as a homo! I just want to know who the damn new drummer is!!!
Hehe! I jest about Petrucci. Wicked awesome guitar slinger. I have a 10' speaker cable with the speakon on one end and the 1/4" on the other to connect to my cab in bridged power. When I get off my lazy ass I am going to wire my cab to run stereo for a little more depth.

Back
Top Bottom