Which pedal for AXE FX III, volume or expression...or both??

Kidfixer

Will I need a pedal to get the most out of my new AFX3? If so, which one? Ive seen EV-1 mentioned here, but also see quite a few photos with Mission Engineering pedals.

Please advise.

I have two EV-1's. Pedal 1 for Master Volume and Pedal 2 for Wah, etc. They are connected to FC-6 (1) and I have an EV-2 connected to FC-6 (2) for misc. stuff.
Never tried a Mission pedal, sure they are of the highest quality; I will say the FAS EV's are smooth as silk though.

You will need atleast one expression pedal to get the best out of the axe. Wah, Volume, Whammy or even some more zany functions like changing gain via pedal.

I got one EV-1 and it does all that I need

Last edited:
Moog EP-3s have worked great for me. I love all the crazy things you can do with expression pedals.

I also love all the purely practical things you can do with them.

I havent had my expression pedal plugged in for at least half a year I think. It definitely lets you do more, but I havent been doing more lol. Roland EV-5, survived lots of shows without issue.

Just ordered the EV-1. I do wish I would have just ordered it WITH the AFX3 and saved myself some shipping cost, but oh well. I figure that, initially, it will be used primarily for volume. If I start utilizing wah orr gain rolling I will add a VM Pro as a dedicated volume pedal. Now to see how long I go before "needing" the FC-12. LOL

Thanks to all who gave their input. Much appreciated.

I use a Mission for everything because it's sweep feels better suited for wha and it works fine for everything else IMO.
I use an EV-2 for global volume.

I use a Mission for everything because it's sweep feels better suited for wha and it works fine for everything else IMO.
I use an EV-2 for global volume.
You're referring to the Mission Engineering SP-1, not the VM Pro...correct?

I have two EV-2, and two Dunlop (X) Mini pedals. The EV-2s are better built IMO, they feel more solid, and they're a little bit bigger, but either type can be tucked into small spaces in travel bags.

As far as needing a single pedal that gets assigned to different things, or two pedals that are statically assigned, I used to assign my External 1 to the Wah block so it'd work with the Factory and Burgs' presets, and External 2 for volume. A couple of weeks ago I decided to redo my presets to only use a single pedal to reduce what I carry and have a smaller footprint on the stage, and the fallout of the change is now I have to remember which of my presets have the Wah because I don't like accidentally stepping on it when it wouldn't sound good, also, if I want to do volume rolls I need to do them using the guitar's volume. Those are the tradeoffs for me.

Back
Top Bottom