Which foot controller should I buy?

RTL44

I am having a really difficult time deciding on a foot controller for my ULTRA.

As much as I want to wait for the Fractal FC, I don't know that I can wait for it's (speculated) Summer/Fall arrival. I like the idea of having the controller and processor made by the same company, but from what I have seen, the Liquid-Foot syncs up quite nicely.

Anyway, my choices are:

#1 - New Liquid Foot $800
#2 - Used Rocktron All Access $500
#3 - wait for the Fractal FC (w/o knowing the price or date of availablilty)

Thanks for your input

RTL44 said:
I am having a really difficult time deciding on a foot controller for my ULTRA.

As much as I want to wait for the Fractal FC, I don't know that I can wait for it's (speculated) Summer/Fall arrival. I like the idea of having the controller and processor made by the same company, but from what I have seen, the Liquid-Foot syncs up quite nicely.

Anyway, my choices are:

#1 - New Liquid Foot $800
#2 - Used Rocktron All Access $500
#3 - wait for the Fractal FC (w/o knowing the price or date of availablilty)

Thanks for your input

if you want a lot of IA's and want lot of control then the LF is the right choice IMHO.
16 x 4 IA's
grouping, cloning, controlling IA's, global IA's, sysex,....
I just can't image a thing that this controller can't do

mitch236 said:
You could add a Ground Control to your list at $399 and it is returnable!

Or a used one at $250 and its keepable and sellable ;)

Would also say that if you're suggesting that he buy one at MF or GC and return with their 30 day period in the hopes that the Fractal controler will be released in the next 30 days - its a safe bet that July is a conservative realistic estimate for this item...

Thanks for the responses! It is a difficult process. One one hand, I think the Ground Control offers the best bang for the buck, but part of me says I shouldn't cut corners to save a few dollars - especially if I end up thinking I should have bought a Liquid-Foot or an All Access or the "soon?" to be released MFC-101.

On the other hand, I could buy one as a temporary fix until the MFC comes out.

I bought a used All Access for $475 via eBay last August. I've been using it for live dates while waiting for the MFC101 to become available. The All Access gave me the number of IA stomps needed for this material without seriously breaking the bank.

When the MFC101 ships, I'll pass the All Access on to the next eBay denizen. :)

xrist04 said:
I bought a used All Access for $475 via eBay last August. I've been using it for live dates while waiting for the MFC101 to become available. The All Access gave me the number of IA stomps needed for this material without seriously breaking the bank.

When the MFC101 ships, I'll pass the All Access on to the next eBay denizen. :)

How easy/hard was it to configure? Some of these sync up quite nicely, whole others require extensive tweaking/programming. I'd rather not spend a lot of time setting it up, if it's a temporary fix, you know?

Back
Top Bottom