What studio monitors do you recommend for playing AXE FX through?

GazzaBloom

Inspired
I have a pair of Event TR8's connected to a focusrite Saffire Pro 14 connected to an iMac running Logic, I have been planning to upgrade for a while and have just ordered an AXE FX so what powered monitors would you recommend to uograde to that can handle AXE playback at reasonably high volume? Budget is £1000 nut I may be able to stretch a bit, thinking about:

Mackie HR824 mk2
Adam A7X

Gazza

Last edited:
well, I have used the MAckie HR624 MKII's for a few years now and I love them for the axe at home. I am sure the 8's are just as good if not better. The 6's blow my walls down..........cannot turn them up too much

I've heard good things about both of the monitors you are considering. I have a pair of Presonus Sceptre S8 monitors that sound awesome with my rig, but they are a bit over your budget. The S6s would be a good alternate. Check them out if you have a chance.

I've been using my Yamaha HS80's for a few years now. With proper acoustic treatment, they really have been my favorite investment, and they don't break the bank. $500 for the pair. I've been seeing them popping up in a lot of studios these days as well. And they get pretty damn loud!

Genelec dsp models. Not only you get great speakers, but they'll work in your room too! Big thumbs up.

Last edited:
I bought a single M-Audio 3 way with 8" driver. I instantly became an FRFR guy with my AxeFX.

I think that 3way and 8" are important for getting the kind of sound that we are looking for in a bedroom/studio "amp." Capable of more than enough volume with the right "weight."

M-Audio - M3-8

For me there's something about the coaxial design .... I really dig the Equator D5's ! If you have a bigger room, then move up to the D8's ....

Back
Top Bottom