What pedals have you used in the effects loop of the fm3?

W

wildNcrafty

What pedals should i use in the effects loop of the fm3? I have a sd1 going into the fm3 input so far

Many options depending on your needs. Where do you find your CPU issues come from? Are you regularly going over the CPU limit? If so what effects are you sacrificing? All of the effects on the FM3 are high quality enough that they don’t need replacing, but if you run out of memory and have to sacrifice effects, you could add high quality reverbs or multi-delay options in the loop or run compression or drive pedals up front. It just really depends on what styles you’re playing and if you’re running into memory issues.

I have a Digitech Whammy V and FreqOut that I occationally run into the input, never used the loop to date.

Digitech FreqOut, MAK Octronix and a Boss GT-1000 Core (as a programmable Boss Pedal Vault) with a Boss SY1 in it's loop. I like the Boss a lot for it's Tera Echo, Multi Overtone, Sitar and........ one or two extra amps to be mixed in slightly to the left and right with the main amp coming from the FM3 blasting through the middle.

What sounds do you need/want that the FM3 doesn’t do (well)? If none, then nothing. :)

But candidates include reverb in order to not use up too much CPU in the FM3, or effects like harmonizers, synths, or emulators (like the EHX ‘9 series’) where the FM3 may not be as robust in its capabilities.

I run various HV tube preamps, along with at times various fuzzes/OD's in the loop, using the FM3's amp block as a tube power amp sim.

I run various HV tube preamps, along with at times various fuzzes/OD's in the loop, using the FM3's amp block as a tube power amWould it sound

Digitech FreqOut, MAK Octronix and a Boss GT-1000 Core (as a programmable Boss Pedal Vault) with a Boss SY1 in it's loop. I like the Boss a lot for it's Tera Echo, Multi Overtone, Sitar and........ one or two extra amps to be mixed in slightly to the left and right with the main amp coming from the FM3 blasting through the middle.
Can you run the boss gt core into the fractal loop how do you do it? I like boss stuff alot!

Can you run the boss gt core into the fractal loop how do you do it? I like boss stuff alot!
Just treat the Boss Core like a “normal” stereo pedal that you put in the loop of the FM3 the regular way. Then connect midi out/through of the FM3 to the midi in of the Core. It takes some clever programming but it works like a charm. I even have two pedals in the loop of the Core.

Obviously, use whatever you want. I've used th, Red Panda Context for reverse reverb. Alao, The EHX Super Ego+, Hologram Microcosm among others, in the FX loop. Haven't tried my Boss1000Core yet but it sounds like a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom