What is your favorite Patch

TerrenceRocks

I recently bought the axe FX Ultra from a friend and I am not really that Impressed. I am just figuring it out and when I came online here, I had hoped there would be a bazillion patches, but 3 pages was all I found. I think it would be useful to start pages of artists, like Van Halen, SRV, STP, Frank Marino, Especially Robin Trower.
Or different bands, alot of us are working musicians and it would be nice to have patches that covered certain bands.

Personally my favorite stock patches are Screaming Plexi, EJ Clean, Blackface with Effects, FAS Lead 2 and a couple of others that I forget. A lot of it really depends on the guitar you're using. Some patches sound great with my SG, others with my Strat. The Axe-FX comes with 383 stock presets so you should have plenty to play around with. The presets are a good starting point. I tend to find a preset I like, then tweak it to perfection. Very few are just perfect out of box. My favorite patches are ones I created from scratch. The Axe-FX, despite its awesomeness, isn't always "instant tone".

What are you using to amplify the Axe-FX? A good set of monitors will really let the sound of the Axe-FX shine. Also, are you switching off cab emulation when going into a non-FRFR system? Are you switch off amp/cab emulation when going straight into a guitar amp?

Btw there is more than 3 pages... At the bottom of the page is forum settings and it defaults to show only post from the last month if memory serves. Change that to the last year and we prob won't see you for a few weeks lol. LOTS of good stuff there. Enjoy.

I find myself using a slightly tweaked "Thats Mr Dumble" a lot just a great balance of rythm and lead tones without touching anything but my vol control, sounds best with my Epiphone Del Rey with OBL pickups, its almost the perfect tone, I only play with 2 FRFR speakers and FOH at the same time, I have not found a tone with a reg cab and power amp that sounds as good as FRFR and sims on, one of my other faves is a Lincoln Brewster type Plexi patch I made but the Dumble/Del Rey combo just smokes and I own 26 guitars and play that combo the most. At the moment still in my search for the best FRFR speaker setup vs $$$ I'm using........2 Behringer B212d active speakers, dialed in properly they sound really good and I know I can do better but for 200 each they are impressive and LOUD.

I recently bought the axe FX Ultra from a friend and I am not really that Impressed. I am just figuring it out and when I came online here, I had hoped there would be a bazillion patches, but 3 pages was all I found. I think it would be useful to start pages of artists, like Van Halen, SRV, STP, Frank Marino, Especially Robin Trower.
Or different bands, alot of us are working musicians and it would be nice to have patches that covered certain bands.
Yea i thought that too when i 1st came on board but there are a lot of patches in the forums they are just mixed in the threads. The problem with the patches is that they are dependant on what kind of setup they were created on and what kind of setup you use. I found out the hard way that the best way to get the sound of a particular musicina is starting with the Amp that muscian uses. then tweak it and move on to the effects. If your running into a 412 make sure the cab sims are off or ti will sound like your amp is under a "wet rug". I use power amp sims cause i have a solid state power amp. And there are some good global eg settings around that imitate a good tube like sound. I havent used a FRFR rig so i dont have any suggestions for that. I would say start slow and just try dialing in a good plexi sound just getting the amp right and then add some sauce to it.

Back
Top Bottom